Down here, we don't care

We don't care what happens outside the screen door

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So...I’ve also wondered what early song this was. Anyways, I was listening to a recent show on Nugs.net and I Might came on and the drums were very prominent in the mix. The drumming sounded extremely

Hey u2roolz . Here I am 2 years after you replied to my inquiry (1.5 years after I posted it 🤪).  You are definitely right about the drum beat in I Might. The guitar riff and lyrics are way different

i just checked the disk... it is indeed a small snippet of 'Screen Door', i mentioned above. it sounds like a version Wilco played on their AM or maybe the BT tour. jeff usually played it solo on the AM tour.

the complete lyrics are posted above if you havent heard the whole song

Thats pretty sweet. Is that all their B-Sides?

.....................ah.....................no. Go to the first post in this very thread if you want a list of all of their B-Sides. Looks like that compilation ended sometime around the Mermaid Ave. discs.

i just checked the disk... it is indeed a small snippet of 'Screen Door', i mentioned above. it sounds like a version Wilco played on their AM or maybe the BT tour. jeff usually played it solo on the AM tour.

the complete lyrics are posted above if you havent heard the whole song

Awesome...thanks for the help...one more thing I don't have to track down.

no probs... i'd track the Uncle Tupelo stuff if you can.

its on the No depression album from 1989/90

the album has the earliest Tweedy tunes recorded with some rockers and the folkie Screen door:

That Year.. (from where Nirvana came up with the riff to Smells like teen spirit)

Train

Flatness

Screen Door

no probs... i'd track the Uncle Tupelo stuff if you can.

its on the No depression album from 1989/90

the album has the earliest Tweedy tunes recorded with some rockers and the folkie Screen door:

That Year.. (from where Nirvana came up with the riff to Smells like teen spirit)

Train

Flatness

Screen Door

That Year = Smells Like Team Spirit? Really? I sort of hear it.................

I has a similar list like this one of Son Volt and Uncle Tupelo tracks if anyone is interested.

I added 2 tracks from the Ian Hunter Album "Shrunken Heads" that I had missed before.

• 3 months later...

New live track available for download at Wilcoworld.net

Greetings all,

Such tumultuous times. And in the spirit of giveaways that seem to be sweeping the nation, we've got something free for you. No it's not a pile of cash (sorry) but rather an audio postcard of sorts from a summer's night in Oregon with our friends the Fleet Foxes & a lovely Bob Dylan tune. All we ask is you go to http://wilcoworld.net/vote/ and click the "I pledge to vote in the 2008 Election" button. If you can spare it, we also encourage you to consider a donation to Feeding America http://www.feedingamerica.org/ . Happy listening (and please feel free to pass this email along to friends, family members, etc.).

The Wilco HQ Distribution Dept.

http://wilcoworld.net/

First post to be updated shortly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cobain had already written the riff before Uncle Tupelo had come out, and based it on "More Than a Feeling" and "Debaser". Considering myself something of an expert on Nirvana (I had to have some sort of hobby when I wasn't getting laid in High school) I've read nothing that indicates that he ever heard the Uncle Tupelo song, or heard Uncle Tupelo period.

Cobain got most of his records from Slim Moon (who went onto Found Kill Rockstars) and Calvin Johnson (who formed K records) and spreading Uncle Tupelo records would fit neither of their M.O.'s, when you consider what each has released on their respective indie labels.

Cobain is a guy who would openly admit to stealing a riff (for example "Come As You Are" w/ Killing Jokes "The Eighties", and "Big Long Now" from some Psychedelic Furs song I'm blanking on.) I think it's just a coincidence.

Sorry, couldn't sit idly by and see misinformation spread.

• 1 month later...

What sucks for us non torrent folks who want everything is that at least 30 tracks listed above were only released as either regional radio station compilations, radio promo discs, or downloads that are no longer active, (32 to be exact by my count).

7 CD singles provide 15 more.

The Chelsea Walls soundtrack provides 2 more.

The YHF, Ghost, SBS, and Mermaid bonus E.P.'s give us 18 more (I didn't count "My Thirty Thousand or Bugeyed Jim").

And finally there are 13 more tracks that are available on 13 different compilations of some sort.

No wonder people download these.

72 tracks, a box set is definitely needed.

Plus, that doesn't even mention the five unreleased tracks I know of (Busy Bee Monkey Mess, Gone, Let's Hear It For Rock, Lets Fight, Millonaire), or the unreleased songs from the YHF demo.

I don't know if this counts or not, but the Wilco "I am trying to break your heart" DVD contains two solo Tweedy songs never released on CD, (or anywhere else for that matter). I would consider these non LP songs.

"Whispery Kiss" - A short piece of Jeff playing this backstage is on disc one.

"Monkey Mess" - Jeff plays a recorded complete version of this on a boombox (and sings along) on disc two.

Both of these are written by Jeff Tweedy according to the film credits.

What sucks for us non torrent folks who want everything is that at least 30 tracks listed above were only released as either regional radio station compilations, radio promo discs, or downloads that are no longer active, (32 to be exact by my count).

7 CD singles provide 15 more.

The Chelsea Walls soundtrack provides 2 more.

The YHF, Ghost, SBS, and Mermaid bonus E.P.'s give us 18 more (I didn't count "My Thirty Thousand or Bugeyed Jim").

And finally there are 13 more tracks that are available on 13 different compilations of some sort.

No wonder people download these.

72 tracks, a box set is definitely needed.

Plus, that doesn't even mention the five unreleased tracks I know of (Busy Bee Monkey Mess, Gone, Let's Hear It For Rock, Lets Fight, Millonaire), or the unreleased songs from the YHF demo.

Jeff also mentioned that they recorded a total of 30 songs for Being There; we only have about 21 I think...maybe 22?

It seems the average # of outtakes is between 6-12 per record.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe that I never knew Wilco was on the Spongebob Squarepants movie sound track.

Their song "Just A Kid" is played at the main menu on the DVD. I've heard it a million times (my kids love the movie) and never realized it was Wilco! Crazy stuff..

Guest Gym Teacher Man
I can't believe that I never knew Wilco was on the Spongebob Squarepants movie sound track.

Their song "Just A Kid" is played at the main menu on the DVD. I've heard it a million times (my kids love the movie) and never realized it was Wilco! Crazy stuff..

wow, you're bad at wilco, as some might say. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A while back, I downloaded the YHF demos just to have Venus Stop the Train, and it's really getting to me that it cuts out at 3:11. There's definitely more song after that!

For all of you that have a copy of that song, does the actual recording end at that time, or is the song supposed to continue?

(Might it be that I had a bad download?)