FIVE Woody tunes! :dancing At My Window!

Sounds like a real good time there.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was an amazing show as always. Hi-lite of the night was Nels' amp/guitar/chord (don't know which part actually wasn't working) during the first half of Walken. Every time they hit a break for Nels to fill, it was just silent. Everybody seemed to get a laugh out of this. When they finally got his slide guitar up and running in time for his solo, the crowd erupted. It was great.

I shot video of this from right in front of Nels. Hopefully it will come out. I'll check in later with the results.

...I believe it was the cord, his amp was emitting a horrendous low frequency buzz...nels quite the comedian rubbing his slide guitar on him head, etc...that guy is from another planet...cudos to roadie...

Yeah, I was up front about eight feet from Nels all night, and he was having trouble with the cord. I don't think the whole crowd saw it, cause he was sitting down with his steel guitar, but while he was waiting on the roadie to replace it, he swung the thing around his head like a madman, kicking his feet out around him. Hilarious.

Had a chance to talk to one of the video guys after the show. They're the same guys that did Sunken Treasure. He said they were filming five shows for a DVD called "With Six There's Wilco" or "With Six You Have Wilco" or something like that. I believe they were Nashville, the two New Orleans shows, Houston, and Tulsa. Saw six cameras at one point.

Show was outstanding, maybe the best Wilco show I've ever seen. I requested Lonely 1, so it kind of sucks to learn it was slated for the last song, but the second half of the show was so upbeat and high-energy that Lonely 1 would have felt out of place, would have been a bit of a downer, even. Oh well--maybe next time.

Had a chance to talk to one of the video guys after the show. They're the same guys that did Sunken Treasure. He said they were filming five shows for a DVD called "With Six There's Wilco" or "With Six You Have Wilco" or something like that. I believe they were Nashville, the two New Orleans shows, Houston, and Tulsa. Saw six cameras at one point.

Show was outstanding, maybe the best Wilco show I've ever seen. I requested Lonely 1, so it kind of sucks to learn it was slated for the last song, but the second half of the show was so upbeat and high-energy that Lonely 1 would have felt out of place, would have been a bit of a downer, even. Oh well--maybe next time.

The Mobile, AL show was also filmed. There were at least 3 cameras in the pit area and at least one more in the balcony, those are the ones I saw anyways.

set list ruled. kingpin, monday, wheel conclusion was outtasite

venue was cool...six pack o' cans? furreal.

it felt like a h.s. gym. too cool.

Cain's is one of the best things about the state of Oklahoma. We get shows here that we would not otherwise get due to the historical background that Cain's has. JT has a real affinity for the place, and it shows everytime they come here. The last three times they've come through, including a JT solo show, have been pretty epic.

set list ruled. kingpin, monday, wheel conclusion was outtasite

venue was cool...six pack o' cans? furreal.

it felt like a h.s. gym. too cool.

What a great, great show. I requested Kingpin & Californai Stars, so I was quite pleased. Hard to pick one highlight, the entire first encore was scorching. Nels Cline was fantastic throughout. It was obvious that Tweedy, and the whole band was really enjoying the venue and feeding off the crowd.

I was hoping they would play Pot Kettle Black, but the set list was so great there is no way anyone could complain.

The Cain's is a great place to see a show, no doubt. I saw Elvis Costello there on St. Patrick's Day two years ago and thought that was the best show I had ever seen. This probably topped it.

That was a great show - enjoyed hanging out with you!

Drew

it was an amazing show as always. Hi-lite of the night was Nels' amp/guitar/chord (don't know which part actually wasn't working) during the first half of Walken. Every time they hit a break for Nels to fill, it was just silent. Everybody seemed to get a laugh out of this. When they finally got his slide guitar up and running in time for his solo, the crowd erupted. It was great.

Clay, thanks to you and Drew for making this show the best yet. Looking forward to the pix!

Cheers.

I'm 19, and that was my first Wilco show ever! I've been listening to them religiously ever since I bought Summerteeth last year, and would like to thank everybody at the Cain's show for making it such a great experience. You guys rock. Wilco rocks. One of the best experiences of my youngish life.

I'm 19, and that was my first Wilco show ever! I've been listening to them religiously ever since I bought Summerteeth last year, and would like to thank everybody at the Cain's show for making it such a great experience. You guys rock. Wilco rocks. One of the best experiences of my youngish life.

Yay! :rock

Great shots! Highlights for me were the nudie suit, nels having way too much fun pickin' on forget the flowers, keyboard solo battles, glen freakin going off, the guitar "duel", the crowd of course, and everything before, during and after. You could tell they were really having a blast. John Doe was cool, too.

Wow, what a show! :dancing

Just when I think their live show can't get any better, they go and blow me away once again. I spoke to several fans who've been to many Wilco gigs ... all said this one was way up there. :rock

I took a ton of pics (shotgun approach), and think there are some definite keepers in there. Nels was in pretty low light, and he plays so fast it's almost always a blur. Of course, the vast majority are of Jeff, because he's at center-stage in the best light. Of course, my sister-in-law accuses me of a budding "bro-mance" with JT. (Guilty as charged.) That, and his Nudie suit demanded that I come away with one great pic of it. (Hope that's the case.) I also think there's some cool ones of Glenn in the back. From my vantagepoint, about 2-3 back just left of Jeff's mic, he's often covered up. I'll try to cull through them tonight and upload the best of the best, along with a forward to Rob at Wilcobase for his flickr sites. I plan to give some album cover art to the tapers who were there, and might also make some more Wilco wallpapers.

Greetings to those folks I met in line, during and after the show ... :cheers

-Clay

P.S. How did some fans get the "fan club" tickets? I bought my tix on Dec. 12 from Music Today and had them mailed to me, but wasn't aware of any VIP type option. Not that it mattered much, I was pretty close anyway. Just wondering ...