The one toy I wanted to post I can't find a photo of.

It was Laser Tag. I just remember that the Targets you wore on your body were grey and the middle target where you had to hit was red and lit up as well as making a noise after you got hit. It was awesome.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Laser Tag. I just remember that the Targets you wore on your body were grey and the middle target where you had to hit was red and lit up as well as making a noise after you got hit. It was awesome.

I had Photon.

This is the one I had. When you got shot, the head set would vibrate so that it actually hurt a little.. Very fun stuff. I was the Electronic Survival Shot king of the neighborhood. I still have them, but my kids got ahold of them and they no longer work.. :ohwell

electronicsurvivorshotsetc.jpg

darkside.gif
I could hardly ever watch the show because I was too freaked out by the intro! That was back before I lived in the sticks, so every time we traveled through a woodsy place, I'd get a little creeped out and think "Darkside!"

606579m.jpg

I think you might still be able to get these, but I hadn't thought about them in many years.

Also, I had the blue version of this:

180px-Reissue_tracer_gun.jpg

^ That's not a great image ... it's a "tracer gun," that shot little plastic discs, and if you rotated the barrel slightly the discs would curve. I loved this thing.

Also, I had the blue version of this:

180px-Reissue_tracer_gun.jpg

^ That's not a great image ... it's a "tracer gun," that shot little plastic discs, and if you rotated the barrel slightly the discs would curve. I loved this thing.

A "Whizzer" gun!

Yikes.

We bought a case of those, Senior year H.S.

50 or 75 per box....something like that.

Handed them out at random between classes.

Things got a little carried away as I recall (vaguely).

I remember were perched two stories above a courtyard watching those little disks fly out from the balconies below.

Kinda beautiful really.

I think it was a two day suspension for that little infraction.

EDIT:

Remember back in the Eighties when you could buy fake novelty Major League Batting helmets?

( The gun made me think of K-Bee Toys, the toy store made me think of those helmets).

We'd walk around wearing those things all summer long which was not unlike donning a mixing bowl in 90 degree heat.