It was Captain Pitt and this dude:

Paul V. Shannon (born November 11, 1909, Chartiers Township, Pennsylvania; died July 25, 1990, Lantana, Florida) was a veteran Pittsburgh radio announcer in the days before commercial television. He worked for years at KDKA radio in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and hosted his own show as the "Dream Weaver," reading romantic poetry to electric organ accompaniment. He also hosted the syndicated science-focused program Adventures in Research with Thomas Phillips.[1]

After moving to WTAE TV, he became a Pittsburgh legend, particularly to the Baby Boom generation, as host of the popular children's television show Adventure Time. The show aired on WTAE channel 4 in the afternoons. The show showed Three Stooges shorts and the first color Anime, Kimba the White Lion in serialised form along with skits and songs.

man, I have no recollection of those guys. must've been before my time.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, I have no recollection of those guys. must've been before my time.

Doh!

Ask you mom sometime - maybe she remembers.

Captain Pitt on WPTT (channel 22) 1970s-1980s?

Adventure Time was a local children's television show on WTAE TV-4 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, from 1959 to 1975

A list of children's TV shows by state.

bookit.jpg

rif_logo_2007.gif

...and Scholastic book fairs. My parents weren't readers, so I owe my booklove to these things at school and Reading Rainbow at home. I thought Levar was so awesome with his earring. If he said books were cool, I knew they must be.

RIF is still around. We do it at my school.

we moved to Pittsburgh in 1982, maybe she's heard of the one guy.

Oh - I did not know that. Where did you live before that?

RIF is still around. We do it at my school.

They are about to RIF 125 school personal in the county I grew up in.

I was 9 years old that year.

I always thought that was the best cop show - as they showed the grit and dirt - like NYPD Blue did some years after them.

I remember when Howard Hunter, drank a urine sample, thinking it was apple juice.

ftballgameclose.jpg

I had one. I never really understood why it was a "toy". It seemed like the dumbest thing ever invented.

And I am pretty sure I saw where it was being sold again this past Christmas. New, but still just the vibrating field with plastic guys on it randomly moving around. I can't imagine that being a hit nowadays.

Now the slider hockey table game, that was some good times...

2330380114_cb17816ee3.jpg

Nice call cryptique. :thumbup We played that game more than probably any other when I was a ute. Many tourneys and such.