The Pageant Sold Out...unless you are a bot

I just want to say that if there is any question how much "more popular" the band is now than prior to SBS/VW/SNL -- here's proof.

They played one show at the Pagent in 3-06 and if I recall correctly, it took a while to sell out (last time they had played STL was in 2004). Here they are now, two years later, and they sell out two shows (soon to be the third) within minutes.

I am very happy for them :)

I'm happy for them..but i'm not happy for my checking account lmao

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They played one show at the Pagent in 3-06 and if I recall correctly, it took a while to sell out (last time they had played STL was in 2004). Here they are now, two years later, and they sell out two shows (soon to be the third) within minutes.

The '04 show didn't sell out, but it was at the Fox, which is quite a bit bigger than the Pageant. I'd like to see if they could sell it out now, although I'd rather seen them at the Pageant than the Fox.

The '06 Pageant show sold out in minutes, but it was just one show. Two years ago, I wonder if they would have sold out two shows this fast. I know a lot of local fans have been feeling pretty starved for them. And I don't recall such an influx of people coming to St. Louis to see them in the past, which I think is great. I hope it'll let the non-Wilco world in St. Louis and the Metro East see what a special thing it is to have such a talented songwriter and musician come from here.

In Belleville, seeing anything about Jeff's success in the local media just doesn't happen. It's sad. Dadgummit, I've even been thinking about penning a cranky letter to the editor of our little paper to inform them that, perhaps a local boy's band getting heaps of critical acclaim, being nominated for Grammys, playing SNL and selling out shows left and right just might be worthy of a little blurb.

I'm thrilled for the band, too, and so excited about these St. Louis shows. It's always a good time when they come here, and I hope Jeff gets the hometown welcome he deserves.

The '04 show didn't sell out, but it was at the Fox, which is quite a bit bigger than the Pageant. I'd like to see if they could sell it out now, although I'd rather seen them at the Pageant than the Fox.

The '06 Pageant show sold out in minutes, but it was just one show. Two years ago, I wonder if they would have sold out two shows this fast. I know a lot of local fans have been feeling pretty starved for them. And I don't recall such an influx of people coming to St. Louis to see them in the past, which I think is great. I hope it'll let the non-Wilco world in St. Louis and the Metro East see what a special thing it is to have such a talented songwriter and musician come from here.

In Belleville, seeing anything about Jeff's success in the local media just doesn't happen. It's sad. Dadgummit, I've even been thinking about penning a cranky letter to the editor of our little paper to inform them that, perhaps a local boy's band getting heaps of critical acclaim, being nominated for Grammys, playing SNL and selling out shows left and right just might be worthy of a little blurb.

I'm thrilled for the band, too, and so excited about these St. Louis shows. It's always a good time when they come here, and I hope Jeff gets the hometown welcome he deserves.

Hmmm I remember getting tickets more than a few days after they went on sale at the Pageant in '06.... though I could just be my foggy brain mis-remembering....

ANd yes, some local love for them would be awesome :)

Hmmm I remember getting tickets more than a few days after they went on sale at the Pageant in '06.... though I could just be my foggy brain mis-remembering....

I could be misremembering, too. Someone bought my ticket for that show, now that I think about it, so there's a good chance I have no idea what I'm talking about. :)

I really think all of the out-of-towners coming to St. Louis for the show need to set up a shantytown in the parking lot across the street from my house. It's highly visible and would certainly alert the media that there's more to Belleville than our fantastic annual art show, Catholic shrine and Stag Beer. :)

I could be misremembering, too. Someone bought my ticket for that show, now that I think about it, so there's a good chance I have no idea what I'm talking about. :)

I really think all of the out-of-towners coming to St. Louis for the show need to set up a shantytown in the parking lot across the street from my house. It's highly visible and would certainly alert the media that there's more to Belleville than our fantastic annual art show, Catholic shrine and Stag Beer. :)

I think we should as well..after all i was a big advocator for it when you first mentioned it and it would save me a buttload of money on a hotel that i'm wondering how i'm going to now cover 3 nights of on my own!!!

I'm starting to wonder if this might not just turn into a mini-residency? What kind of song list changes might we see? Could be very interesting with three nights of opportunities to woo and dazzle the crowd with their extended arsenal of material. Can't wait. At this point I'm going for all angles to get reserved center balcony.

And a another question for the audience. Does anyone have any idea what the seating arrangements are going to be on the floor? I seem to get the impression from all the seating charts on line and through ticketmaster/ticket brokers and what not that there is going to be GA seating on the floor? The tickets that I purchased through the numerous pre-sales have rows and seats included. What's with that? Any confirming answer is worth a nod.

And a another question for the audience. Does anyone have any idea what the seating arrangements are going to be on the floor? I seem to get the impression from all the seating charts on line and through ticketmaster/ticket brokers and what not that there is going to be GA seating on the floor? The tickets that I purchased through the numerous pre-sales have rows and seats included. What's with that? Any confirming answer is worth a nod.

The tables and chairs on the main floor will all be GA on a first come basis - the "dance floor" is standing room. There is also a row of GA bar stools and standing room behind the seats in the balcony. For most big shows like this they will take out the row of tables and bar stools between the floor and the sound board so that will likely be standing room except for 1 row of chairs at the drink rail.

I'm starting to wonder if this might not just turn into a mini-residency? What kind of song list changes might we see? Could be very interesting with three nights of opportunities to woo and dazzle the crowd with their extended arsenal of material. Can't wait. At this point I'm going for all angles to get reserved center balcony.

If you have a row and seat on your ticket, you are upstairs.

The lower level is GA. Their are seats to the left and right of stage they are GA. With it being sold out, the tables and barstools are always gone. The part right in front of the stage is the "Restricted non-alcohol section" for the minors. Anybody can be in their, just no alcohol.

this is my second post so I'd just like to start by wishing all my fellow wilcoians a good evening.

I have a quick question. I know the word round these parts is that there is another show being scheduled for the 17th of May. I have talked to several people and they claim to have tickets for this show. I call bullshit, but I would like to see if anyone has any information that I am missing out on. Other than that I am waiting patiently for an announcement, excited to see many of you on the 15th of May for sure!

There will in fact be a show on the 17th..however the Wilcomail we all received last night or today...JUST told us that this was going to happen. The show is not yet listed on Wilcoworld.net but should be sometime this week. Noone could have tickets unless they are the bands family..or the band. Keep an eye on Wilcoworld and they should come up soon.

No problem

Most of us are now waiting in anticipation to get that night. I'm basically ready to figure out if we could get a cook out going in front of the Pageant beforehand..lol

There's a hot dog cart that parks outside the Pageant, but that's usually after the show. Personally, I'd rather run to the noodle shop down the street.

Last time I was in line at the Pageant for a Wilco show, some stranger offered me half of her Qdoba burrito. More proof that Wilco people is good people. :thumbup Although I didn't take the burrito, perhaps I'll buy extra noodles and offer them to someone next time.

Last time I was in line at the Pageant for a Wilco show, some stranger offered me half of her Qdoba burrito. More proof that Wilco people is good people. :thumbup Although I didn't take the burrito, perhaps I'll buy extra noodles and offer them to someone next time.

Were you in line for the halo? because i vaguely remember something along those lines. And we listened to the sound check. I myself met some pretty awesome people in the Halo and outside. Good Times as all Wilco shows are.

Here's to the next 10 kick ass Wilco shows :cheers

Were you in line for the halo? because i vaguely remember something along those lines. And we listened to the sound check. I myself met some pretty awesome people in the Halo and outside. Good Times as all Wilco shows are.

Here's to the next 10 kick ass Wilco shows :cheers

I just missed the line cut-off for being in the Halo Bar at that show. Instead I was outside, freezing my ass off, but it was a lot of fun.

Third pageant show is now up at WW but there's no ticket info.

I was going to post that1 I am antsy. I need information!! :dancing

There is a section on GA level for minors, and also floor is non-acohol. That place can get rather smokey, and even as a smoker it anoys the hell out of me.

There is a section on GA level for minors, and also floor is non-acohol. That place can get rather smokey, and even as a smoker it anoys the hell out of me.

you guys aren't smoke free yet? you guys are soooo behind the times!

you guys aren't smoke free yet? you guys are soooo behind the times!

Some shows are smoke free depending on the artist.

And I will not be attending this show unless your going. That is my deciding factor. Let me know before 5:00.