The Pageant Sold Out...unless you are a bot

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pageant sold out(The Friday Show) in like five minutes. And now you can get tickets for 150 bucks on Ticketexchange. Awesome.

I tried for tix on both pre-sales and got none, but we got two tix to each night when the GA went onsale and I will be in line to get into the HALO early. that I can promise. God, I love these fuckin' guys!

I got 2 Thursdays on Wednesday and 2 Fridays on Thursday. I know that the venues are small but I think that all bands, hell all events period, that see inflated ticket prices as a problem have to move to will call only. If you really want to see the show at the price the band intended, you'll deal with the minor inconvenience. Hell, we wait in lines to get in for GA shows anyway. I am sure that many people will disagree...

The only minor inconvience I see is that I paid nearly $7 more on ticketmaster for the same show in St. Louis..because they have more fees then Musictoday....why is that?!

Because, truly, Ticketmaster sucks.

I know that the venues are small but I think that all bands, hell all events period, that see inflated ticket prices as a problem have to move to will call only. If you really want to see the show at the price the band intended, you'll deal with the minor inconvenience. Hell, we wait in lines to get in for GA shows anyway.

I think you're right--Will Call is the way to combat the ticket issues. If more venues went to it, I'm sure they could find an efficient way of handling ticket pick up before doors (vs. waiting in line for doors, then waiting in line for will call once inside).

Ok a few things

1) quit bitching about selling out in 5 minutes; yeah it sucks but the chicago shows (including pavilion for Millenium Park) were gone in less than a minute; 5 minutes is a luxury

2) how many pre-sale tickets do you think they sell through wilcoworld? 200 to 250 tops? The lines wont be that long

to end on a positive note:

the residency tickets were much harder tickets to get than the Pageant; I was able to get two for Wed initially. By looking on here and Craigslist I was able to get two for Friday and single tickets for Mon and Tuesday.

Tickets will be readily available as the show approaches. If not, CL or Ebay shouldnt be more than 50-75.

I just reread this thread 3 times. No one seems to be bitching. :huh Except maybe you bitching about bitching. :lol

This is crazy good! I'm glad that I got flights and hotel from the 15th to the 18th!! Now I MUST secure Saturday tickets or I'll expire!!

I just want to say that if there is any question how much "more popular" the band is now than prior to SBS/VW/SNL -- here's proof.

They played one show at the Pagent in 3-06 and if I recall correctly, it took a while to sell out (last time they had played STL was in 2004). Here they are now, two years later, and they sell out two shows (soon to be the third) within minutes.

I am very happy for them :)