The first great guitar I ever owned

Today, I finally picked up my first real, great guitar. I was looking around for a Martin 000-15 for a LONG time, to no avail...there were none in any local shops, nor in any of the 2000 Guitar Center stores(according to the sales rep). I would have had to wait a month for Martin to make more, and they would only have...3.

Luckily, I scored a beautiful 00-15 off of Craigslist, and got a really good deal on it. Plus, it's a 1999, so I'm pretty sure it's all mahogony. This thing plays like a dream, I hate putting it down to even type this right now.

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

I'm going to put an LR Baggs M1 in it, then start taking it out on the usual rounds. Easily one of the best buys I've ever made.

Congrats on a new axe!! Getting a new guitar is such a wonderful feeling, especially if you've yearned and pinched your pennies for it. That is a really cool guitar. The small body with the mahogany will really produce a wonderful sound that will only get better with years to come!

Congrats on the Martin, very nice.

I'm getting the guitar bug again....it's been too long since I played. My old acoustic has been coopted by my 10 year old. I am thinking maybe an electric.. an Eastwood or something.

Awesome looking guitar. Nice job.

This must be Martin week... I finally broke down and bought one myself this weekend. One of those Custom D models from Guitar Center. It's really a brand new experience to play a nice guitar...wouldn't trade it for anything right now.

Very nice. I've had some decent guitars, but probably not anything on that level. I guess the nicest guitars I've ever owned are my old Les Paul Standard or the Taylor acoustic I currently own.

The mahogany-topped Martins are the best deals out there. You are correct, a '99 would be all mahogany, no sapele. Great guitar! I used to have a '35 0-17 that I should have never sold.

Congrats! I really have to agree, buying your first mid-to-upper level guitar is a real eye-opening experience.

It's great to just occasionally hear a really-clear harmonic "ring" or something that you KNOW your old guitar would not have produced...

Thanks for all the great comments! Its been treating me great so far.

I just have to get it feeling a little bit softer and get the endpin hole reamed out for a jack, and I'll be good to go. I might have some recordings of it, if I get them to do a soundboard recording at a gig next week.

Nice, that thing looks like it's in great shape. My first guitar was an all mahogony D-15 Martin. It's only 4 years old but you can see daylight through it in the right light. Still the 15 series is the best bang for the buck. Can I ask what you paid for that? The prices have doubled in the past two years.