Dimeadozen...so long?

Did everybody see Google's April Fool's Joke? Custom time stamping on Gmail? Lol, my brother actually believed it.

I forwarded that to a number of colleagues, not revealing anything in my message (but not making it sound real either), and two of them e-mailed me back expressing disbelief that Google would do such a thing.

Look at the calendar, people. :lol

Now Google has something up about living on Mars and asking you to join.

http://www.google.com/virgle/index.html

This April Fool shit is getting really old. REALLY old.

The ones that really chap my ass are the ones that are almost plausible.

This April Fool shit is getting really old. REALLY old.

The ones that really chap my ass are the ones that are almost plausible.

Those are the best ones.

My girlfriend's a runner, and she saw this one somewhere this morning:

If USA Track & Field has its way, we could all be wearing helmets in our next 5-K or marathon. (Well, at least the larger ones.)

A proposed amendment to the 2009 Rules of Competition, being debated by the governing body's Long Distance Running Division, states that...

Persons in any USATF-sanctioned running event with 500 or more participants shall be required to wear a protective helmet that meets or exceeds the CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commission) standards, as set by the federal government. The helmet must be securely fastened to the participant's head and must not block or impair the participant's field of vision. The helmet must be worn at all times during the event.

Failure to adhere to any of these requirement will result in penalties up to and including disqualification.

Delegates to this year's USATF convention will debate and vote on the measure when they meet in November.

In a statement, the governing body said it was acting out a concern for runners' safety -- and in recognition of liability fears.

"Races are getting more and more crowded," said USATF spokeswoman Isabella Adler in a recent conference call with reporters. "It's only a matter of time before someone gets jostled, falls, and hits their head on a curb. If that happens, the race director has blood on his hands -- literally."

Adler suggested that runners might look to cycling helmets, if the rule is approved. With advances in technology and design, Adler noted, today's helmets are light, comfortable, and well-ventilated.

"You hardly know you're wearing a helmet at all," she said, noting that she has taken several "test runs" while wearing a cycling helmet made by Bell.

Officials drew parallels between the helmet mandate and USATF's earlier rule banning headphones and portable music devices in races.

"Just like with the headphone rule," said Adler, "it's a simple matter of safety."

:lol

At work today (best buy) on our company news online they had 2 different April fools jokes..one was about the Taxlon (tal-zon)'s we use...its the gun type thing we use to make stickers and scan items to see how much we have in stock, well it said that tomorrow is the latest release of Taxlon's where they have a Tazer feature...so we could tazer problem customers :) It was pretty funny. Someone even wrote in a comment below the announcement that if anyone asks if we have Wii's in stock we could just tazer them. Completely made my day thats for sure.

Did everybody see Google's April Fool's Joke? Custom time stamping on Gmail? Lol, my brother actually believed it.

I thought of back-dating e-mails whilst in the shower this morning. Now, Gmail comes along with this. Google must have found a mind-reading algorithm or something.

Yes, I scheme in the shower...so?