What's the rarest record or memorabilia you have from any band?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just remembered, and i dont personally believe this, but my mum said she managed to kiss paul mccartney in 1964 in australia when they played here.

it was ringo's first show on the tour after jimmy nicol had replaced him

i know she was AT the show, but the rest, well, i wasnt born to find out the rest of the story

My mom has the original vinyl for Sticky Fingers with the working zipper. Is that rare?

When I first read this, I thought you were talking about the rapper Sticky Fingaz and just spelled it wrong. :blush

My mom has the original vinyl for Sticky Fingers with the working zipper. Is that rare?
Not all that rare no....but pretty damn cool none the less.

The thing about the Stones albums such as Some Girls and Sticky Fingers and even Satanic Majesties Request is that they were a very popular group and therefore sold alot of these albums before the run was over.

LouieB

Not all that rare no....but pretty damn cool none the less.

The thing about the Stones albums such as Some Girls and Sticky Fingers and even Satanic Majesties Request is that they were a very popular group and therefore sold alot of these albums before the run was over.

LouieB

(Sine we have this discussion every time this thread is started - ha ha aha)

Satanic Majesties Request - those go for a lot of money - with the hologram cover, that is. Not to long ago, I bought all the pre-Beggar's Banquet Stones cds - which I had never owned - so I finally heard this album for the first time.

although - looks like not as much as it use to go for

(Sine we have this discussion every time this thread is started - ha ha aha)

Satanic Majesties Request - those go for a lot of money - with the hologram cover, that is. Not to long ago, I bought all the pre-Beggar's Banquet Stones cds - which I had never owned - so I finally heard this album for the first time.

although - looks like not as much as it use to go for

I had no idear that "Satanic Majesties" was worth anything to anyone but me. I have the 3D cover, the Lucille Ball "Some Girls" etc.

I had no idear that "Satanic Majesties" was worth anything to anyone but me. I have the 3D cover, the Lucille Ball "Some Girls" etc.

They use to go for 400-500 dollars - original pressing, that is.

I doubt that Some Girls is worth anything - I have it.

I've mentioned this before. I don't know how 'rare' it is, but without a doubt one of the strangest records I have here is "An Evening With Wild Man Fischer" on FZ's Bizarre label. Put that one on at a party and see how fast the house clears out! :lol

I think Rhino put that out on cd at some point.

I have an album called Hits of The Rolling Stones - performed by The Current Event. And - Through The Past Darkly (the one shaped like a stop sign).

Through The Past Darkly (the one shaped like a stop sign).

Nice. I remember asking my folks to get that one for me as a ute. They said no because "you have all those songs on other records already".

They had a strong argument I guess.

Nice. I remember asking my folks to get that one for me as a ute. They said no because "you have all those songs on other records already".

They had a strong argument I guess.

Ever notice that Brian's face is the only one totally covered with busted glass on the back cover?

Ever notice that Brian's face is the only one totally covered with busted glass on the back cover?

Probably a good thing. The cover of Between the Buttons...man I don't know if I've ever seen a more crispy critter than Brian in that pic.

Probably a good thing. The cover of Between the Buttons...man I don't know if I've ever seen a more crispy critter than Brian in that pic.

My brother noticed the glass deal when we were kids.

I've mentioned this before. I don't know how 'rare' it is, but without a doubt one of the strangest records I have here is "An Evening With Wild Man Fischer" on FZ's Bizarre label. Put that one on at a party and see how fast the house clears out! :lol
I have a copy of that as well. We used to listen to it in college...it is a room clear for sure....frankly (pun only half intended) I have not listened to my copy which I found for no money at a garage sale or something many years ago. Most of it is pretty out there and stupid. (He was the Daniel Johnston of his day...)

The album that IS worth lots of money is from the same era of Frank Zappa production...the GTOs, which goes for tons of money. I don't have a copy, but I have a friend who does. It also isn't all that exciting except as a nostalgia peice, but it is rather rare.

As far as the Lucille Ball Some Girls, I have two copies, there were lots of them floating around back in the day for cheap. No one thought they would be collectors items and frankly I can't imagine they are worth that much, same as the Joe Dallesandro sticky fingers album.

LouieB

The album that IS worth lots of money is from the same era of Frank Zappa production...the GTOs, which goes for tons of money. I don't have a copy, but I have a friend who does. It also isn't all that exciting except as a nostalgia peice, but it is rather rare.

LouieB

I found that on cd at some chain record store place in the mid 1990s - I gave it to a friend of mine who is a big Zappa fan.

Yea, it may still be on CD....it is the vinyl that is worth the dough.....although the actual musical material is worth ...not so much. I mean it is funny to hear the Plastercasters sing, but other than that....

LouieB