Charlton Heston dead

Thanks for the link...

I may have completely disagreed with his conservative ways but he meant a lot to me growing up. His movies were a big part of my time spent with my grandparents...*sigh*

RIP Mr Heston

:(

Two of my co-workers each had a grandparent pass away today and now THIS...ggrrr

I pretty much equate him with my own grandparents who both passed away in '99.

Okay, now I'm crying...

Maybe his political views shaded my opinion, but I always found him kind of heavy-handed as an actor. Perhaps he was the last of the Cecil B. DeMille type actor, with an epic style for epic roles. I once heard that he was Billy Wilder's first pick for Sefton (the Bill Holden role) in Stalag 17, which might have been overbearing ("Damn dirty Nazis!!!"). Anyway, sorry if the top post came off as flippant - that goes back to my Howard Stern days.

And feel free to be flippant when I kick it.

I'm one of the few people I know who likes The Greatest Show on Earth.

Heston was not an actor of nuance--too often he seemed heavy-handed, wooden--but he was a star for many reasons: He had an epic physicality, a stone-chiseled face, surprising authority, and a commanding erudition. His striking presence on screen is undeniable, and he is woven into the fabric of some of Hollywood's best years.

I'm one of the few people I know who likes The Greatest Show on Earth.

Heston was not an actor of nuance--too often he seemed heavy-handed, wooden--but he was a star for many reasons: He had an epic physicality, a stone-chiseled face, surprising authority, and a commanding erudition. His striking presence on screen is undeniable, and he is woven into the fabric of some of Hollywood's best years.

So what you're honoring here, I think, is Mr. Heston's life-likeness? :thumbup

Sol: There was a world, once, you punk.

Det. Thorn: Yes, so you keep telling me.

Sol: I was there. I can prove it.

Det. Thorn: I know, I know. When you were young, people were better.

Sol: Aw, nuts. People were always rotten. But the world 'was' beautiful.