Brooklyn Aug 13th Nice!

Still, jazz. It's been the summer home of the symphony for as long as I can remember. Which is only so far, of course.

The summer months of 1969 and 1970 brought with them a slew of legendary performances at the 210 acre estate known as Tanglewood. Located in the Berkshire hills of western Massachusetts, this 1,500 seat open-air venue offered Bill Graham the perfect seasonal counterpart to his reputable indoor theaters. He launched a series of warm weather concerts under the proud moniker "Presented by the Fillmore East", and brought a dose of the finest rock music around to the manicured grounds of the Boston Symphony Orchestra¹s summer home.

I don't know why I can't find a list - bound to be one out there. I have actually seen a bootleg film of The Who's concert there - as well as some officially released footage in the Maximum R&B video.

I don't doubt you anymore. Wilco's gotta be the first band in my lifetime, I think.

I was just recalling a conversation I once had with Ms. Viatroy - as she had never heard of such a thing either.

Tanglewood Festival, Lenox, Ma. USA 1970

Jethro Tull, The Who were the headline act. Support: It's A Beautiful Day.

Wilcoworld is showing August 10 in Delaware

Bastards. I decide to move to LA and the boys decide to come back to the tri-state area again. There better be an LA appearance this summer!

>I've never heard of a rock act playing at Tanglewood. Wow.

I saw the Moody Blues there in about 1982 or so. I'll leave it up to you if they're categorized as a "rock act."

not 'rock' per se but james taylor plays every year - lyle lovett has done a few shows there. prairie home broadcasts at least 1 show every summer with whatever hip musical guests are on that week so there's some 'popish rockish' stuff going on regularly for the last 10 years or so - but yes - to agree with your bigger point - i don't know of a headline 'rock' band show such as this anytime in recent memory! its going to be magnificent. as important as it is to most of us to get close to the band - this may be the one venue where being way back on the lawn is a distinct advantage among the fireflies, mountain & valley views and candlelight! woot!

Pre-Sale begins Wednesday, April 23 via Music Today.

Public On Sale begins Friday, April 25 @ 10 a.m. via Ticketmaster

Ticket Price:

$39.50

Includes $1.00 facility

& Parking fee

not 'rock' per se but james taylor plays every year - lyle lovett has done a few shows there. prairie home broadcasts at least 1 show every summer with whatever hip musical guests are on that week so there's some 'popish rockish' stuff going on regularly for the last 10 years or so - but yes - to agree with your bigger point - i don't know of a headline 'rock' band show such as this anytime in recent memory! its going to be magnificent. as important as it is to most of us to get close to the band - this may be the one venue where being way back on the lawn is a distinct advantage among the fireflies, mountain & valley views and candlelight! woot!

Van Damn you just sold it to me. :thumbup

Pre-Sale begins Wednesday, April 23 via Music Today.

Public On Sale begins Friday, April 25 @ 10 a.m. via Ticketmaster

The Ticketmaster site actually says the public onsale starts at NOON on Friday! Which to believe? I have a real problem because I will be in an airport during the presale, flying down to New Orleans, and on Friday morning I'll be at Jazzfest. I am kinda tearing my hair out trying to figure out how I'm gonna get tix. :angry If the Ticketmaster sale is really at 10 (9 Nola time) I can probably find some internet cafe but by noon I'll definitely be at the fest.

Arrrgh the sale timing couldn't be worse for me! I may have to resign myself to StubHub, but I can't miss this show in my home town of Brooklyn!

I suppose I could try by phone from Nola, has anyone ever suceeded in getting tickets by phone? I just tried a test and got lost in a warren of automated responses.

signed,

tearing out her hair in Brooklyn!

The Ticketmaster site actually says the public onsale starts at NOON on Friday! Which to believe? I have a real problem because I will be in an airport during the presale, flying down to New Orleans, and on Friday morning I'll be at Jazzfest. I am kinda tearing my hair out trying to figure out how I'm gonna get tix. :angry If the Ticketmaster sale is really at 10 (9 Nola time) I can probably find some internet cafe but by noon I'll definitely be at the fest.

Arrrgh the sale timing couldn't be worse for me! I may have to resign myself to StubHub, but I can't miss this show in my home town of Brooklyn!

I suppose I could try by phone from Nola, has anyone ever suceeded in getting tickets by phone? I just tried a test and got lost in a warren of automated responses.

signed,

tearing out her hair in Brooklyn!

I may be in the minority in terms of thought but I believe it will take a few days to sell out! The place is massive and the $39.50 price tag may scare off some fair weathered fans...If for some reason you don't get a ticket you can clearly hear the music right outside the door. :thumbup

NOLA! That's funny. I had the same problem last year when I was headed down to New Orleans for French Quarter Fest. My flight was supposed to land around when the puyblic onsale started for the Hammerstien shows. Then my flight was delayed but we had a stop over in Dallas so while in Dallas just as we got off the plane I whipped out my cellphone and called up and after all the automated prompts, I got my tickets. So it is possible. McCarren Park is a huge venue so there is a good chance that you can do that. You might even benefit from calling a Ticketmaster number that is not 212 or 718 because everyone in NYC will be doing that. I hope you can get tickets and I'm jealous that you are down in NOLA for jazzfest. If I could I'd go down there once a year. Its such a great city. Good Luck!!!

NOLA! That's funny. I had the same problem last year when I was headed down to New Orleans for French Quarter Fest. My flight was supposed to land around when the puyblic onsale started for the Hammerstien shows. Then my flight was delayed but we had a stop over in Dallas so while in Dallas just as we got off the plane I whipped out my cellphone and called up and after all the automated prompts, I got my tickets. So it is possible. McCarren Park is a huge venue so there is a good chance that you can do that. You might even benefit from calling a Ticketmaster number that is not 212 or 718 because everyone in NYC will be doing that. I hope you can get tickets and I'm jealous that you are down in NOLA for jazzfest. If I could I'd go down there once a year. Its such a great city. Good Luck!!!

That's just too funny, what a coincidence!

Well, I have a plan in place--a friend in California is going to try and get pre-sale tix for me, if she fails, then I will try by phone on Friday via Ticketmaster. Hopefully she won't go on a crazy spending spree with my credit card number, :o . I hope that replacements and remphish1 are right and it won't sell out immediately--it is a big place and all GA so many may not feel they have to scramble to get in the first rush (one hopes!) Anyway I have decided not to fret over it too much, somehow I will be there by hook or by crook I am just so happy they are playing NYC this tour because for awhile there it looked like they wouldn't be.

Maybe this is music blasphemy. I passed on a ticket today. I only needed one and it came out to $54 on ticketmaster! I am going to try and get a service chanrge free ticket in Brooklyn. If I don't maybe I will score one on the cheap outside the show! I guess I am ok with it because you can hear the shows crystal clear outside the venue!

:brow

SOLD OUT IN 3 MIN!!!! The pool is massive! Good for Wilco! :o

Someone posted on Brooklyn Vegan about AEG forgetting to allot 1000 tickets to the box office or something, so it might not exactly be sold out once they sort that out. I'd be kinda surprised if it sold out that quick.

Well I THINK I got tix...just back from Nola and Jazzfest....managed to get through by phone at 11 am Nola time. What an anxiety-provoking experience going through all those prompts, no human to talk to! :stunned At one point I thought I accidentally disconnected, fortunately it came back and asked me to repeat the entry! I have a confirmation number, but the charge still doesn't show on my credit card. I'll believe it when I see the charge go through. Since they never asked for my email, I won't get an email confirmation.

Keeping fingers crossed all is well!

As an aside---Jazzfest was fabulous fun (my first time there) although we got drenched on Saturday! Only wish I could have been there the year Wilco played..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

If anyone knows a way to get a ticket to this show - or especially, if someone is looking to sell their's or a friend's - please email me at luke_d_brennan@hotmail.com

Would appreciate it so much!! It's the only wilco show i can catch whilst in the states but i was completely spun out by the pace of the ticketmaster sale. i get to NY on the 12th i believe so i'm happy to meet a seller!

cheers