Brooklyn Aug 13th Nice!

I just saw they are playing McCarren Pool on Aug 13th! Sweet! I saw the Beastie Boys here. It is quite a large venue! Interesting place to see a show. I am looking forward to seeing Wilco outdoors in the summer in NYC! Yay! :dancing

It should be a lot easier to get tickets for this verse the Warsaw!

Have they played any outdoor NYC shows before? I can't recall?

oh, nice! McCarren Park is 10 minute walk from my apartment!

it's possible that this could be a free show - last summer, they had a summer concert series with a bunch of gratis music.

o-man, it's an old, GIANT pool that was drained and left for dead by the city, until it was resurrected as a concert venue, etc. a few years ago. you might also remember it from an episode of America's Next Top Model a few weeks ago, when they did a photo shoot there. check it out here.

that DE show at the Opera House looks good

about 1 1/2 hours from NJ ?

Depending on where you are in New Jersey it's may only be about 15 minutes away.

I live in Wilmington and have been to the venue many times. Great place to see a show. Only seats 1,100...so tix are going to go fast unfortunately!

Let me know if anybody needs any additioanal info about the venue or the general area.

Yeah it is a strange place. An abandoned pool. I was standing in the back for Beasties and it was very far away. Good thing is the stage is high off the ground.

oh, nice! McCarren Park is 10 minute walk from my apartment!

it's possible that this could be a free show - last summer, they had a summer concert series with a bunch of gratis music.

o-man, it's an old, GIANT pool that was drained and left for dead by the city, until it was resurrected as a concert venue, etc. a few years ago. you might also remember it from an episode of America's Next Top Model a few weeks ago, when they did a photo shoot there. check it out here.

Free shows are only on Sunday I think?

I love the Pines, but Tanglewood is a great place, too, and definitely bigger. I'm guessing they'll be at the big stage, which has some covered seating and is surrounded by fields. I could probably make it to Wilmington, but instead I might just head up to Massachusetts a few days early and spend the time with my friend who lives up there.

It will be interesting to see if they fill the two weeks between Brooklyn and that festival in San Francisco.