DeNiro or Pacino.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the genre argument yes. But comparing say Mobsters to The Departed just because they both have gangsters in them doesn't make much sense to me.

can we compare My Blue Heaven to Goodfellas, because they're both about Henry Hill.

can we compare My Blue Heaven to Goodfellas, because they're both about Henry Hill.

Compare whatever you want, hell compare Apollo 13 to Star Wars, they both take place in space.

Can I say I've never been a big fan of the Godfather? In my eyes it is much more watchable than Goodfellas, but it just doesn't do it for me. I also didn't like the Departed. I actually can't think of any "Gangster" (or whatever Jude wants to call them) movies that I really like.

To answer the original question, I'll take De Niro, but mostly because of his surprisingly terrific comedic timing.

Guest Jules
never saw it. was it really that bad?

IMO, yes. Although I know some people like it due to the DeNiro/Pacino same scene thing. It was almost unwatchable for me.

IMO, yes. Although I know some people like it due to the DeNiro/Pacino same scene thing. It was almost unwatchable for me.

they have a new film coming out, Righteous Kill. it looks like it could be good.

they have a new film coming out, Righteous Kill. it looks like it could be good.

I sure hope so. Yes, Heat was fucking boring. Seemed that what they lacked in plot they made up for in length. :stunned Maybe relying a bit much on the DeNiro/Pacino involvement?

I was 14 when I went to see that with my buddy. We walked out afterward both saying it was probably the most entertaining movie we'd ever seen. For months after that, we had an ongoing bit where one of us would say "Man, I'd be a happy guy if I was still sitting in that theater watching Midnight Run."