Something Louie mentioned in the Steve Earle thread got me thinking about the topic above. I think that I have 3 or 4 of those CD/DVD combos at home and I think that I've watched ONE of those DVDs exactly ONCE.

That said, I would still buy the DVD bonus version every time, especially since they ususally cost the same as the version without.

So... do any of you watch the DVDs? Regularly?

Guest Muncle Douchey

i watched the dvd that came with Okemah & the Melody of Riot and probably won't ever again because Jay is such a boring dude. other than that, i own zero cd/dvd combos.

If the cost is no different or pretty close I'll buy the combo's, but I usually never watch the DVD's. Don't watch much television anyway, so not watchign the DVD's fits in naturally. I've never even taken the DVD out of my Sky Blue Sky case, or My Live at Massey Hall package. Maybe someday, maybe someday...

I am just like you, Pop Todd! I will always buy 'em, I just pre-ordered the new Old 97s CD/DVD last Thursday, but i rarely watch 'em and I own some that I have yet to watch1 Ha ha!

I have a couple of CD/DVD combos, and I watch the DVDs. Not "regularly," but I've watched them more than once. I play CDs on my DVD player through a home theater setup anyway, so if I'm listening to music I might as well put on some visuals.

I think I've watched the "Shake It Off" DVD probably 4 or 5 times, which is more than I've watched any others, because it's got good performances and not too much filler.

Others, not so much.

I have a few combos here and have watched all of them once. I can't think of any I've revisited for a second or third viewing though. I think because they're not in standard DVD cases on my shelf, I tend to forget they're even there. I should really go through my CD racks and refresh my memory on what CDs came with DVDs.

The "Shake it Off" DVD is really the only one I have watched.. I have purchased DVD's or enhanced CD's for many other bands, but I don't bother to watch.. But I have watched Shake it Off about five times.

i have several i have never watched , including Okemah, and accelerate. i watched shake it off once. seems sad

i watched the dvd that came with Okemah & the Melody of Riot and probably won't ever again because Jay is such a boring dude.

Thanks for saving me the time...I guess I won't be checking it out any time soon. It no longer seems like something I need to get around too.

I rarely watch them. The one I specifically bought new to watch was the Elvis Costello/Allen Toussant thing and I never watched it.

Actually if you have a copy of the Anthology of American Folk Music, some of that stuff is really fun to watch. If a group includes like one vid, then I might watch it. I have watched the extra disk with SBS though several times.

LouieB

yeah I listen to the dvd audio way more than I ever watch the dvds. I watched the sbs dvd once, and the akron/family dvd once. but I've listened to the audio from both a whole bunch of times. I've still never watched that greendale dvd, or the masey hall one. but I bought the dvd pack of both. Oh and I got the bonnie prince billy dvd audio thing for the letting go cuz I thought it was a cd/dvd combo, but it wasn't. I've never watched that.

The Massey Hall DVD is wildly disappointing. The music is good however...

LouieB

I have not messed with buying any of those recent releases - what is the source of the film? 16mm pro or aud shot?

Yeah I usually buy these over the plain ol' cd's, I am prone to doing this with "SPECIAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION TWO DISC DVD SET" movies as well lol, even though the second disc is rarely watched or worth it. I totally agree with you Louie the Massey DVD really sucks but I have watched Shake It Off quite a few times. There is an example where the DVD was actually entertaining to watch more than once.

I have not messed with buying any of those recent releases - what is the source of the film? 16mm pro or aud shot?

I have no clue. There is an audio tape and a partial really bad film source that only represents about 1/3 of the actual performance, with the rest being a film of a tape machine playing.

LouieB

I have no clue. There is an audio tape and a partial really bad film source that only represents about 1/3 of the actual performance, with the rest being a film of a tape machine playing.

LouieB

Yeah. I wouldn't try to watch it more than once.

LouieB

I think this is the sort of thing he has in mind for the archive Blu-ray deal.