I almost bought that yesterday, but I didn't have any cash. I might get it today. I don't care about the lists, but the interviews with all the guitarists on the cover is probably worth $4.50 to me.

Guest Moses

1) i was surpised to see Freebird in the 60s. would have thought that'd be top few. not that it should be necessarily - i only like that song when i'm drunk at 4 am and the house band at Carol's in chicago busts it out.

2) i was glad to see Say It Ain't So on there

3) YEM at 85?!?!?!? fuck that shit. there are actually a number of phish tunes i enjoy the guitar on better, but shit, one phish tune and it's at 85.

I don't think that you can argue with #'s 1 through 4. You might not totally agree, but if you're gonna say that they don't belong there, you simply don't know rock n' roll. For #5, I might have gone with "Jumpin' Jack Flash" or "Sympathy For the Devil" over "Brown Sugar", but I still can't really argue with that one, either.

I don't think that you can argue with #'s 1 through 4. You might not totally agree, but if you're gonna say that they don't belong there, you simply don't know rock n' roll. For #5, I might have gone with "Jumpin' Jack Flash" or "Sympathy For the Devil" over "Brown Sugar", but I still can't really argue with that one, either.

Wasn't the album version of Sympathy so piano driven because Keith was so f'd he could hardly play?

Sympathy for the Devil as a guitar song? It's all piano and bongos, no?

The solo is one stinging muthafukkuh. One of the best. Period. That alone, makes it one of the top guitar songs for me.

The solo is one stinging muthafukkuh. One of the best. Period. That alone, makes it one of the top guitar songs for me.

The guitar solos, especially the outro solo is definitely some of the best guitar moments on any Stones record. That wonderfully bright and distorted tone just leaps from the speakers proving Keith could actually play more than rhythm.

The Godard film Sympathy for the Devil is interesting to watch if you like this song. It's funny to see Brian Jones sitting off in the distance in the studio doing next to nothing. It was obvious by this point he was not long for the Stones... or this world.

The guitar solos, especially the outro solo is definitely some of the best guitar moments on any Stones record. That wonderfully bright and distorted tone just leaps from the speakers proving Keith could actually play more than rhythm.

If we're going solely on solos then George's "I'm Only Sleeping" guitar solo should be like a top 10. All that reverse shenanigans is mindboggling.

I haven't read the article. What is the subject great guitar songs supposed to mean? Is it great grooves? Great lick? Influential guitar songs? Guitar songs showcasing great skills? I think I, or anyone here could come up with a listing of 100 songs under whatever criteria they give us for guitar and each have different lists with a lot of overlap. Like I said I have not read it yet, but I have not heard anyone mentioning Dinosaur Junior, or Jane's Addiction which I think both of them have a couple songs that I would include on a list I made up. Ditto for the Black Keys and (gasp the horror) Michael Schenker era Scorpions & UFO and maybe some Steve Howe licks (Roundabout?) Or Steve Hackett. Tommy Bolin, Rory Gallagher, Mike Ness. There is probably a lot on this list I like and like you all There is probably a lot missing from this list for y tastes. If nothing else this list, or any list for that matter, gets us talking about what is on it and thinking about what is not included.