Is anyone ITK enough to know if there are likely to be UK dates after that Irish gig that's been announced, or am I just waiting in vain?

I'd kind of assumed that in an effort to make up for those cancelled shows last November plus the confirmation that they are coming across the Atlantic that something would have been rumoured/announced by now (after all, I think the November shows became common knowledge by the start of August - though it took a few more weeks for them to appear on Wilcoworld).

The real problem is that even if some shows are announced I'm going to struggle to make anything in the first half of September :realmad

We're indeed hoping that the guys are not coming to the UK/Ireland only for that festival, and trying to keep the first week of September free. I just hope they announce something SOON, because air fares will be unpayable in a minute.

We're indeed hoping that the guys are not coming to the UK/Ireland only for that festival, and trying to keep the first week of September free. I just hope they announce something SOON, because air fares will be unpayable in a minute.

Maybe they will play the UK but it wouldnt be the first time a band has just come to Europe to just play Electric Picnic and nowhere else, so I wouldnt hold my breath.

please please please wilco I have to see them live soon

that was the worst thing, coming back off a nice holiday to be told that they have cancelled the shows, the very first thing said to me!!!! argh!!

surely they have done every venue in the States by now...

come on guys, fair share

I share your pain lads. It's quite ball breaking when your favourite band are playing what is traditionally a great festival (been there once and can confirm) and they fuck it up with a shocking line up which means there's no justification to spend the money. Very very annoyed

Last I heard, (after Dublin last November) there were no plans for a return to UK or Europe until late 2008. I asked a promoter contact of mine this week if he'd heard anything for that period and he had not, but that of course could just be Scotland.

I've been sitting it out to see if there was a chance of euro dates in September and then seeing that Mr Kotche was booked to play with Kronos on the 3rd decided on taking a trip to Germany. Two hours after having booked that, i saw the message re Tweedy's gig in Mallorca - merde and double merde!!

Keeping it crossed for the end of the year then...

• 1 month later...

i just saw on the autumn defense myspace page that john/pat are planning shows in the UK in early september:

"Hello friends of the Autumn Defense...

just an early warning that we are putting together some shows in the U.K. for the first week of September 2008.

More details to follow as we get them...

see you soon!"

since Jeff is doing solo shows in Spain the same week, there might be a chance of Wilco UK shows announced soon!

I was just coming over here to post about the Autumn Defense.

I'm not sure there will be any more UK dates unfortunately. Nels has a handful of shows in California in September up on his website already, and I know he's playing the Jazzmaster 50th anniversary show in New York September 12th, too, so I'm not sure when there would be time.