charleston Anything better since it was canceled

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time, I definitely expressed my view long and hard on the Charleston/SNL affair. Ever since seeing the 3 Pageant shows, though, I have been eagerly awaiting the make-up date. Especially since I improved my seats from the very last row in the balcony to row 'D' in the ORCH, thanks to someone returning their tickets to Ticketmaster!

I got out the feelings that I felt were legitimate and moved on. Now I am moving towards Jacksonville and Charleston in less than 5 weeks. :hyper

But... if you had the original SC tix and are unable to make the rescheduled date, I totally understand your feelings of being :hump

Especially since I improved my seats from the very last row in the balcony to row 'D' in the ORCH

Ah, you'll be in my section. :thumbup

We were thinking about going to Jacksonville and/or Cary, but we decided to see The Nels Cline Singers in Asheville instead. Totally can't wait for that. :dancing

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Ah, you'll be in my section. :thumbup

We were thinking about going to Jacksonville and/or Cary, but we decided to see The Nels Cline Singers in Asheville instead. Totally can't wait for that. :dancing

Thanks to the Colonel, I've got seats to Charleston (I'll trade you GTL for row 4 :D); will be in 4th row at Cary (Nels' side), and have 2nd row Loge seats for Jacksonville. Three incredible days I'm eagerly looking forward to.

Guest Cousin Tupelo

Having listened to the Pageant shows, this band has gelled and hit a stride that might be turned up a notch from when they started out the year.

More importantly, after six months of playing together and honing a set list, perhaps we're due for a surprise in the form of some new material? :w00t

More importantly, after six months of playing together and honing a set list, perhaps we're due for a surprise in the form of some new material? :w00t

You know, that's a strong possibility. John spoke of new material not long after the SBS came out, so I know they have some.. And the rescheduled Charleston show would be the perfect place to reveal it. :pray

Guest Cousin Tupelo
You know, that's a strong possibility. John spoke of new material not long after the SBS came out, so I know they have some.. And the rescheduled Charleston show would be the perfect place to reveal it. :pray

The timing would certainly make sense. A roughly three-month layoff since the St. Louis shows after a very successful run delving deeply into the catalog ...

Guest Jules

Especially because they owe it to you.

Especially because they owe it to you.

And don't you forget it.

No really, I was one of the people that supported their decision to reschedule. They just owe me a great rock concert, which I'm sure they will deliver.

Thanks to the Colonel, I've got seats to Charleston (I'll trade you GTL for row 4 :D); will be in 4th row at Cary (Nels' side), and have 2nd row Loge seats for Jacksonville. Three incredible days I'm eagerly looking forward to.

My pleasure. I feel like a ticket broker. The original, GTC last row pair, I sold to... aw hell, I forget your name!, the GTL pair to you and the ORCH D to me! I got 7th row Orch. for Jax on the presale then gave it another shot and snagged 1st row so I sold the original to my pal in Tally. Ellsworth's Southeastern Wilco Ticket Shop!

Guest Cousin Tupelo
My pleasure. I feel like a ticket broker. The original, GTC last row pair, I sold to... aw hell, I forget your name!, the GTL pair to you and the ORCH D to me! I got 7th row Orch. for Jax on the presale then gave it another shot and snagged 1st row so I sold the original to my pal in Tally. Ellsworth's Southeastern Wilco Ticket Shop!

I don't understand that, because I queued in right at 10 a.m. and I ended up with 2nd row Loge. I was told the first half of the orchestra in Jax went to "Friends of the Florida Theatre."

Now I'm depressed :(

I don't understand that, because I queued in right at 10 a.m. and I ended up with 2nd row Loge. I was told the first half of the orchestra in Jax went to "Friends of the Florida Theatre."

Now I'm depressed :(

I got 6th row for Jax first time through. I'm very happy with that and can't wait!

Guest Cousin Tupelo
I got 6th row for Jax first time through. I'm very happy with that and can't wait!

What time did you call? Are you sure you're 6th row on the floor and not the balcony?

I'm mystified. Does Music Today sell the tickets front to back or is there some sort of scrambling going on? I can't imagine the Loge -- as good a seats as they are -- being the best available.

What time did you call? Are you sure you're 6th row on the floor and not the balcony?

I'm mystified. Does Music Today sell the tickets front to back or is there some sort of scrambling going on? I can't imagine the Loge -- as good a seats as they are -- being the best available.

It's random, not best available.

EDIT: Just checked again: Section 300, Row F, Seats (2, 1). Definitely orchestra. I've never been to the theatre but from the seating chart on the website it appears row f is in fact row 6 (none of that fancy AAA and AA BB shiznit). Also, don't hunt me down. There will be traps set.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
It's random, not best available.

Now you tell me :upset

Well it's a small venue so anything's good. don't forget to wave up to the B row in Loge.

Did anyone see Wilco the last time they came to Jax?

Now you tell me :upset

Some people keep trying for different tickets. I saw row F and said fuck it I'll keep it. I'll wave in your general direction.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Some people keep trying for different tickets. I saw row F and said fuck it I'll keep it. I tried clicking to go back to check for tickets after I bought the 4 and it froze me out.
I checked back when the Charleston seats went on sale and first try I got 2nd row -- I frantically tried calling my wife to see if we were available and by the time I reached her, they were gone.Live and learn.
I'll wave in your general direction.
Just as long as you don't fart in my general direction.screen2.jpg

images.jpg

Did anyone see Wilco the last time they came to Jax?

Yes. Excellent venue and an excellent show. The beautiful theatre is similar to the Tampa Theatre. Wilco played there in 2002. I'd love for them to play it again.

All of us F L A folks should do a collective wave toward loge B or have a beer.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Yes. Excellent venue and an excellent show. The beautiful theatre is similar to the Tampa Theatre. Wilco played there in 2002. I'd love for them to play it again.

All of us F L A folks should do a collective wave toward loge B or have a beer.

Definitely to make plans as the date gets closer!

Definitely to make plans as the date gets closer!

Sounds great. I'd like to buy a Vc'er a beer. We'll see though because I'm going with my girlfriend and she doesn't like the fact that I go on internet message boards. She thinks it's weird. :monkey