charleston Anything better since it was canceled

wonder if band plans anything to make up for dissing us in February. Extra songs or canceling opener and playing 3 hours..... I am in a fix as I cant see Radiohead due to rescheduling and wonderin if it is really going to be worth traveling to charleston in heat of summer.....

But I know radiohead is kicking butt with this tour so u can see my situation....

:pirate

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you planning to make it up to Radiohead for dissing them?

If fuel prices hadnt gone up I was thinking of flying to SF for Beck and Radiohead...... But dont think I can afford plane ticket. Maybe WIlco will chip in since they will be there the next night. Had thought of selling charleston to pay for SF......

decisions decisions.......

wonder if band plans anything to make up for dissing us in February. Extra songs or canceling opener and playing 3 hours..... I am in a fix as I cant see Radiohead due to rescheduling and wonderin if it is really going to be worth traveling to charleston in heat of summer.....

But I know radiohead is kicking butt with this tour so u can see my situation....

Here's my 2-cents: Wilco tours more than Radiohead, so if I were you, I would get a refund on the Wilco tickets and go see Radiohead instead. And I'd catch Wilco the next time they come around.

Here's my 2-cents: Wilco tours more than Radiohead, so if I were you, I would get a refund on the Wilco tickets and go see Radiohead instead. And I'd catch Wilco the next time they come around.

I am starting to think that way myself but was hoping that Wilco would do something special........

Like the chicago shows to make up for the rescheduling. But it might be better to see Radiohead with NYC in background. I have seen radiohead in spring and it was overwhelming.

I have 4th row for charleston so it is always hard to walk away from sweet seats....

:thumbup

Guest Cousin Tupelo
They did say they would "make it up to us, we promise" long after they rescheduled.. I would look up the Wilco HQ email, but I'm too lazy.

Frankly, I can't complain about them canceling in Charleston. The promoter here in Jacksonville said they would have never added the Jacksonville (and probably the Cary, N.C.) dates if they didn't have to reschedule the Charleston show.

So my game plan is not only to see my first Wilco concert, but my first 3!!

Frankly, I can't complain about them canceling in Charleston. The promoter here in Jacksonville said they would have never added the Jacksonville (and probably the Cary, N.C.) dates if they didn't have to reschedule the Charleston show.

So my game plan is not only to see my first Wilco concert, but my first 3!!

Ahh.. So maybe that's how they "made it up to us".. That's not good enough.. Good for you Cousin Tupelo, but not for people like me who aren't attending the other two shows.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Ahh.. So maybe that's how they "made it up to us".. That's not good enough.. Good for you Cousin Tupelo, but not for people like me who aren't attending the other two shows.

If it's any consolation, I had 2nd row pit tickets on screen for Charleston when tickets went on sale but I couldn't reach my wife to confirm we could go. Lost them.

-- and then again, I certainly hope they make it up to you for the show in Charleston. Then we'll both benefit! :dance

-- and then again, I certainly hope they make it up to you for the show in Charleston. Then we'll both benefit! :dance

Indeed. :dancing

Sorry that you lost your 2nd row, but it's a great venue (not a bad seat in the house)... Don't want to brag, but I've got front row, pit, between Jeff and Nels. :dancing :dancing :dancing

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Indeed. :dancing

Sorry that you lost your 2nd row, but it's a great venue (not a bad seat in the house)... Don't want to brag, but I've got front row, pit, between Jeff and Nels. :dancing :dancing :dancing

I am still trying to secure seats -- I suspect my best seats are going to be in Jax -- and that's loge (2nd row in balcony).

Let's be real--they'll never be able to make it up to you. But maybe you can wait to bitch about it until after the fact instead of pre-show and post-show bitching.

Based on your avatar, it appears you could consider Bon Iver opening as the "make up" for you.

Based on your avatar, it appears you could consider Bon Iver opening as the "make up" for you.

Good eye. You've got a point. :thumbup

And, easy there... Ever had a show canceled on you with short notice, forcing you change your plans, miss work, and have to wait half a year for the make-up date? It sucks.. And I'm sure you'd be bitching too. ;)

I can't believe people are still bitching about this. They rescheduled and the show is in 6 weeks. Get excited, people!

I know, I ain't bitchen.. And I really supported their decision to reschedule from the begging.. But wow you're right.. Only 6 weeks! :dancing :dancing

Let's be real--they'll never be able to make it up to you. But maybe you can wait to bitch about it until after the fact instead of pre-show and post-show bitching.

Based on your avatar you might want to listen to some hound dogs hollering late at night.....

It is never convenient to have show canceled. I understand for illness but for self promotion (which all it was) I am a little peeved. Hotel cost are almost double in summer compared to winter. Had ocean front for weekend in February will be staying at a red roof or something less desirable this summer.

Also had to move and change vacation schedule etc etc......

I wanted to see the band while they were excited promoting blue sky. I saw the warm up tour for the album and dont want to see another warm up tour for next album. AS the songs werent polished or finished. So what can they do to make it right....Play 3 hours of all their songs and I would say hey cool you really do care. Otherwise I see that we are just $$ to be had.

Jeff and gang are still cool and radiohead is just as cool. Both awesome live.... That is why I should go to SF but again cost will play into that.....

Anyone want 4th row center for trade for tickets to SF festival ......

I know, I ain't bitchen.. And I really supported their decision to reschedule from the begging.. But wow you're right.. Only 6 weeks! :dancing :dancing

I was referring to the original poster, but yeah you really do need to get over it. :lol :cheekkiss

It is never convenient to have show canceled. I understand for illness but for self promotion (which all it was) I am a little peeved.

Are we really still talking about this?

I love how you've made Wilco rescheduling a show all about you.

I don't know who these Wilco guys think they are. They act like they do this for thier livelihood or something. I own all their albums and a tshirt. I clearly have more stake in this band than someone who spends all their time writing and performing their songs.