charleston Anything better since it was canceled

Cousin Tupelo, check your PMs regarding the tickets. :thumbup

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Pearl Jam as much as I used to, but I do still think they're a lot better to their fans than most bands of that caliber, and I respect them for that.

PJ set the standard for fan clubs in imo. Been member since 96 and have had front row in 2000 and 12 row last week. I respect they only charge 15 bucks for membership and use seniority for tickets with lottery for the 1 and 2nd rows.......

REM also does well. Had 2nd row this tour through fan club and would say they are the show to beat this summer. They are coming back in the fall and I wouldnt miss them. Sounded like the clash with intensity of guitars and vocals. Very fast pace with 25 songs in 120 minutes.

:dancing

And, easy there... Ever had a show canceled on you with short notice, forcing you change your plans, miss work, and have to wait half a year for the make-up date? It sucks.. And I'm sure you'd be bitching too.

Actually, yes. We scheduled a family vacation to Minneapolis around the 8/14 Wilco show in Duluth last summer, arranged for babysitters for our children while on vacation, had reservations at a B&B near Duluth, etc. I made a last-minute check to the venue website for a street address the afternoon of the show, before hitting the road, and saw that it was canceled--and then rescheduled for a date I could not make. Was I disappointed? Absolutely. And if you go back to the original Charleston thread (but oh-god-please-don't-bump-that-nightmare), you'll see that I was quick to empathize with the Charleston ticket-holders. I absolutely would be sad, mad, disappointed, etc. But I don't understand yet another thread about the Charleston show, six weeks in advance, this time questioning whether or not Wilco will do anything special to "make it up" to the fans. If the rescheduled show isn't enough, then don't go because you're bound to be disappointed. Anyone who expects something "like the chicago shows to make up for the rescheduling" or feels only a gesture of that magnitude will truly make amends is asking to be disappointed.

Maybe the nudie suit will make an appearance!!! hint hint

Only the nude suit could possibly right such a horrible wrong!

just saw pearl jam run through a 30 song set lasting 2 hours 40 minutes.... Long live PJ

can wilco match that???

yes they can.

i wonder if eddie v. would donate lots of his own personal time to raise buckets of money for kids in need, then play in his fans' homes for hours on end. WAAAY more than 30 songs lasting WAAAY more than 2hr 40mins.......Long live JT

-I'm Into Something Good [Herman's Hermits]

-ELT

-Simple Twist of Fate [bob Dylan] (aborted)

-Hotel Arizona

-Be Not So Fearful [bill Fay]

-Henry and the H-Bombs [Mott the Hoople]

-Let's Not Get Carried Away

-Summer Teeth

-Build Me Up Buttercup [The Foundations]

-John Wesley Harding [bob Dylan]

-The Unwelcome Guest (w/Martin Rivas on background vocals and Dave Mirabella on guitar)

-Dreaming [blondie]

-Thirteen [big Star]

--------------------pee break-----------------------

-Simple Twist of Fate [bob Dylan; alternate lyrics]

-Airline to Heaven (w/Eddie O'Connor on guitar)

-The Rainbow Connection [Paul Williams] (fragment)

-Outta Mind (Outta Sight)

-More Like The Moon

-Wait Up

-Laminated Cat

-Kamera

-A Magazine Called Sunset

-The Ruling Class

-Love and Mercy [brian Wilson]

-In A Future Age

-(happy birthday to Jerry)-

-The Lonely 1

-The Thanks I Get

-The Long Cut (w/Dave Mirabella on guitar)

-Dash 7

-Hummingbird

-Sir Duke [stevie Wonder] (Martin Rivas on guitar and vocals; Jeff watching)

-No More Poetry

-Chinese Apple

-I'm Always in Love (dedicated to Natalie Jacobs "Saint Genevieve")

-Pecan Pie

-Far, Far Away

-California Stars

-Waiting On the World to Change [John Mayer] (fragment)

-Can't Keep From Talking

-Gun

-Candyfloss

Actually, yes. We scheduled a family vacation to Minneapolis around the 8/14 Wilco show in Duluth last summer, arranged for babysitters for our children while on vacation, had reservations at a B&B near Duluth, etc. I made a last-minute check to the venue website for a street address the afternoon of the show, before hitting the road, and saw that it was canceled--and then rescheduled for a date I could not make. Was I disappointed? Absolutely. And if you go back to the original Charleston thread (but oh-god-please-don't-bump-that-nightmare), you'll see that I was quick to empathize with the Charleston ticket-holders. I absolutely would be sad, mad, disappointed, etc. But I don't understand yet another thread about the Charleston show, six weeks in advance, this time questioning whether or not Wilco will do anything special to "make it up" to the fans. If the rescheduled show isn't enough, then don't go because you're bound to be disappointed. Anyone who expects something "like the chicago shows to make up for the rescheduling" or feels only a gesture of that magnitude will truly make amends is asking to be disappointed.

Understood. And I'm not really bitching, and I don't really care if they do anything to make it up to us or not, I'm just glad to be seeing Wilco in six weeks, and that's all I care about.

I guess I just learned a lesson from this that you always have to be prepared for a cancellation.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
yes they can.

i wonder if eddie v. would donate lots of his own personal time to raise buckets of money for kids in need, then play in his fans' homes for hours on end. WAAAY more than 30 songs lasting WAAAY more than 2hr 40mins.......Long live JT

Now Eddie has done lots to raise money and donate his personal time. I know it because his publicist has spent a great deal of effort to make sure each act gets plenty of coverage in the mainstream and trade press. You can't leverage good will enough ...

That's Tweedy's problem. He needs a better press agent, or the second coming of the Colonel.

I'm going to write Wilco and demand they "make it up to me" for my front row center tickets being bumped back sixteen rows just days before the show last summer. I'm thinking "record an album with me" will probably do it, though I am pretty insatiable when it comes to demanding satisfaction. Maybe "give me all your gear" as well. That seems fair, no?

Guest Cousin Tupelo
I'm going to write Wilco and demand they "make it up to me" for my front row center tickets being bumped back sixteen rows just days before the show last summer. I'm thinking "record an album with me" will probably do it, though I am pretty insatiable when it comes to demanding satisfaction. Maybe "give me all your gear" as well. That seems fair, no?

Require that Tweedy throw Sam or Spencer in on the deal.

Seeing the Nudie suit in St. Louis was cool but again only the nude suit will appease the wrath of some Charlestonians, me thinks.

:rotfl That would be on youtube, for sure!
Seeing the Nudie suit in St. Louis was cool but again only the nude suit will appease the wrath of some Charlestonians, me thinks.

Probably illegal in SC to wear nudie suit....LOL

PJ WILCO Lots of bands raise money and do go with their talents to help other in need. THink that is why we enjoy most of those bands vs the ones that just make it a money machine.

Lots of similarities in Eddie and Jeff imo.

Charlestonians just want a nice setlist that is unique and different then rest of tour so we will have braggin rights to the best show of 08...... Hands down that would do it. So cancel the opener and do an acoustic set of U Tupelo songs and then play 3 albums in their entirety

But if not I am sure it will be a great concert.

Oh maybe throw in a gas voucher for 5 bucks since petro has risen so much since Feb. Gonna coat that much or more now for the drive.