New new election thread

Guest Jules
I couldn't agree more. However, our federal taxes do not consider this

so, if you make more money, you don't pay more in tax?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if your income is passive or you have losses to offset your income.

from TPM:

Sen. John McCain hasn't had good luck joking about Iran. But he tried it again Tuesday.

Responding to a question about a survey that shows increased exports to Iran, mainly from cigarettes, McCain said, "Maybe thats a way of killing them."

He quickly caught himself, saying "I meant that as a joke" as his wife, Cindy, poked him in the back.

Guest Jules
from TPM:

Sen. John McCain hasn't had good luck joking about Iran. But he tried it again Tuesday.

Responding to a question about a survey that shows increased exports to Iran, mainly from cigarettes, McCain said, "Maybe thats a way of killing them."

He quickly caught himself, saying "I meant that as a joke" as his wife, Cindy, poked him in the back.

I laughed.

I couldn't agree more. However, our federal taxes do not consider this...which just made me realize the national sales tax makes sense since your cost of goods are also part of the cost of living index.

The most prominent variable for COL is rent/real estate. No sales tax for those.

I laughed.

yah, i laughed too. can't help laughing every time mccain unwittingly reveals his true intentions.

Guest Jules
yah, i laughed too. can't help laughing every time mccain unwittingly reveals his true intentions.

Don't put words in my mouth. I thought it was a funny joke.

i wouldn't dream of putting words in your mouth. they were my words, just look at the name on them.

I flashed back to The Ray-Gun on the microphone in '82 : "Attention Russia, the Evil Empire...we begin bombing in five minutes, heh heh.."

:ohwell

I flashed back to The Ray-Gun on the microphone in '82 : "Attention Russia, the Evil Empire...we begin bombing in five minutes, heh heh.."

:ohwell

that was priceless. and seems like only yesterday.

I laughed because I can't imagine the phone calls his office is getting from lobbyists and friends with money

You pay tax on your spending, not on earning. I don't think it will ever happen so I haven't read too much about it as the gov't will lose an estimated 30% of its revenue. The only candidates in favor of it were Huckabee and Paul. Not sure about Barr.

I believe that it encourages earning while rewarding those who do not purchase as much. I have not delved into this concept at any length but this core idea seems good to me.

You should tell the government that. They still tax my earnings, both on the federal and state level.

Yeah right, any legitimate contender for the White House is not going to be for the fair tax.

Free for All great documentary about supression of the black vote in Florida (including many serviceman overseas) and Ohio. It's beyond disgraceful.

And another one, American Blackout about Rep Cynthia McKinney who had the cojones to stand up and make noise about it, at a price.

Rock the vote peoples!

It's probably a good thing I'm going on vacation.

And another one, American Blackout about Rep Cynthia McKinney who had the cojones to stand up and make noise about it, at a price.

That movie crystallizes how the powerful have willingly eroded the very foundation of democracy merely to silence dissent, and asks a key question: If we cannot trust our elections, how can we trust that we

That movie crystallizes how the powerful have willingly eroded the very foundation of democracy merely to silence dissent, and asks a key question: If we cannot trust our elections, how can we trust that we

Here it is - the list of Senators who earned their paycheck yesterday (FISA bill). :ohwell You might want to keep this in mind if your boy/girl isn't on this list and they're up for re-election this November:

Akaka HI

Byden DE

Bingaman NM

Boxer CA

Brown OH

Byrd WV

Cantwell WA

Cardin MD

Clinton NY

Dodd CT

Dorgan ND

Durbin IL