Meet the newest member of the family

Bad news for my cat, Buzz....having explored the house thoroughly, Noodle has figured out where we put cat treats for Buzz. Noodle likes! :yes It has been Buzz's habit to eat about half the treats we put down, and then come back at his leisure to nibble a few more during the course of the day. That's not going to be such a viable plan anymore, since Noodle is keeping the cat treat area so clean it looks freshly scrubbed!

Poor kitty. I'm having to sneak him treats in a closed-off room! Noodle clearly has a hunting dog's incredible sense of smell, and tracks the ground like a vacuum cleaner when food is around.

When he comes into the living room now, he zeroes in on the spot beside the computer where the cat treats go, trotting quickly to that spot....only when that carpet has been nibbled and then licked clean does he move on to other explorations.

I wish I could keep the rest of the carpet as clean as this one spot! :lol

Bad news for my cat, Buzz....having explored the house thoroughly, Noodle has figured out where we put cat treats for Buzz. Noodle likes! :yes It has been Buzz's habit to eat about half the treats we put down, and then come back at his leisure to nibble a few more during the course of the day. That's not going to be such a viable plan anymore, since Noodle is keeping the cat treat area so clean it looks freshly scrubbed!

Poor kitty. I'm having to sneak him treats in a closed-off room! Noodle clearly has a hunting dog's incredible sense of smell, and tracks the ground like a vacuum cleaner when food is around.

When he comes into the living room now, he zeroes in on the spot beside the computer where the cat treats go, trotting quickly to that spot....only when that carpet has been nibbled and then licked clean does he move on to other explorations.

I wish I could keep the rest of the carpet as clean as this one spot! :lol

Maybe the cat treats could go somewhere up higher, like on the computer table or a bookshelf somewhere?

What a cute little guy!

Maybe the cat treats could go somewhere up higher, like on the computer table or a bookshelf somewhere?

What a cute little guy!

Well, good in theory, but the way Buzz eats the treats leaves crumbled bits everywhere. Besides which, I don't think my tiny house has any available empty horizontal surfaces, despite my best efforts. :rolleyes

We are just feeding treats when Noodle is out in the other room, and I notice that Buzz is getting smarter about polishing them off while he has the chance. :lol

donna, a weaker willed person might have bailed out at the "tweezing ticks" portion of the adoption. you, my friend, are steadfast! :worship

donna, a weaker willed person might have bailed out at the "tweezing ticks" portion of the adoption. you, my friend, are steadfast! :worship

Yeah, well, imagine the part where I was snuggling the trembling puppy up against my nightgown, trying to calm him because he was shaking hard enough to rattle his little needle-sharp puppy teeth, and it suddenly dawned on me that hey, those little bumps weren't skin tags, they were TICKS. Ewwww. Yuck. Ewwwwww!!!

From there to two flea& tick baths & tweezers was not a stretch at all.

He's so worth it. What a love! He already comes in response to his name. I'm smitten.

Whatta cutie pie!

Good karma for you and your family, indeed.

Many happy years with your new Noodle.

And may your cat learn to love him as quickly as you all have.