Meet the newest member of the family

On Wednesday of this week, my son Brennan came home from a shopping trip to find a tiny, terrified, shaking puppy all the way up by our driveway gate, which is quite a stretch from the street. He'd obviously been dumped there, being so unsteady on his feet that it is very unlikely he managed to wander there on his own. The poor thing was filthy and covered with fleas and ticks....we spent hours with tweezers that night, carefully picking him clean & flea-bathing him. It was disgusting. The next day he got a vet trip since he also had worms. But he cleaned up nice and is utterly adorable except maybe at 3 a.m. when he wakes up and wants to play. :lol

Everybody, meet Noodle. No particular reason for the name; somebody just said it and it seemed to fit.

The vet judged him to be maybe 3 mos. old, and he looks like a cross between a chihuahua and a Jack Russell terrier. This little dude is gonna be fiesty!

dsc01375yv3.jpg

dsc01389uk3.jpg

dsc01393ni2.jpg

dsc01396ev8.jpg

dsc01404xr1.jpg

That last one shows the effects of photo sessions on baby puppies. Noodle has only two speeds, which he switches between with astounding rapidity: GO! and sleep.

When he wants to sleep, he burrows into the crook of an arm, or someone's hair, or a dark snug corner, and is instantly out like a light.

My cat Buzz is mightily offended by Noodle's presence, but I figure he's gonna have to adapt. B)

So cute!! I bet if the jerks who dumped him could see him now, all cleaned up, they'd want him back. He's so cute and the name just adds to the cutenes. I want a Noodle of my own now! :lol

omg he is adorable!! I absolutely love the story, too. It's so perfect when pets and their people find each other like that. :wub

Love that he has a spot around his one eye, too -- so very like my dog, Jack! :thumbup

You're so right, Kim...I've kept thinking to myself, how could anyone have been so stupid/cruel/whatever as to dump this little guy? He was shaking so hard when we found him that it broke my heart....took at least 15 minutes before he calmed down a little, then dropped almost immediately into exhausted sleep.

He's such a love! :wub Even if he is still figuring out the complexites of "No! Go on the newspaper!!!"

Aww. You all are awesome for taking him in.

He figured out tonight that he could pick up his food dish in his teeth, and went parading around the den proudly with it. Too cute.

My sister's shi tzu went through that phase for a while. It is quite adorable until he does it late at night or when it is full of food.

oh what a lucky little guy, with an extremely high cuteness factor. :D

you all did such a great job cleaning him up -- he started out with a hard life but has ended up just where he belongs and is loved already. i love a happy story, especially with happy animals. congratulations to noodle!

That's a great story. What a lucky dog/son (for getting a dog).

It reminded me of the first night my dog was home, some 12 years ago. She was whimpering so much that I woke up and crawled in her cage with her--me being 10 at the time and able to fit in there. Puppy memories are the best!

Noodle's a love and so are you and your son! Here's to many years of happiness and puppy love, along with a few bonus jewels in your karma crown. :thumbup He's absolutely adorable!

Ahem...there was already a thread where you could have posted this. :stunned

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=24413

Just kiddin' Donna. :cheekkiss Nice job - I love the name, and he looks like a really sweet pup! If he has Jack Russell in him his attention span might be short - maybe 30 minute songs with long, noodley guitar solos might help with that? :lol