Dylan - Bootleg Series, Volume 8

With this new release and that Dylan is playing here in three weeks (front row dead centre seats, yussssssss) I am pretty much on the biggest Dylan kick ever, going through every one of his records and learning all the songs lol.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this new release and that Dylan is playing here in three weeks (front row dead centre seats, yussssssss) I am pretty much on the biggest Dylan kick ever, going through every one of his records and learning all the songs lol.

that probably won't help you to distinguish songs live! last time i saw him, in 04 i think, it took me almost 1 minute, sometimes 2, to figure out what the hell he was playing.

that probably won't help you to distinguish songs live! last time i saw him, in 04 i think, it took me almost 1 minute, sometimes 2, to figure out what the hell he was playing.

Oh don't worry I know what that is all about. I saw him last year in Interlochen, Mi, me and a bunch of other Dylan heads had a game to see who could figure out what song it was lol. We were quite far back last time so I think it will be cool to see him real close, and I mean it's Dylan in your hometown how could you not be excited!

Some of those live tracks sound as if they were taken from AUD tapes - that is, non SBD sourced.

Yeah, the live Lonesome Day Blues sounds awful quality-wise. I am shocked they put that on an official release. I guess this is becoming truly the "Bootleg Series".

There actually use to be live shows up at his site - they were called "field recordings" as I recall.

Yes - the "Blind Willie McTell" and "Cocaine Blues" and "Born In Time" tracks are actually listed on the Lovesick single as 'field recordings.'

yes, i'm pretty sure "Tryin' To Get To Heaven" is from the Crystal Cat (a bootleg company) release of that show, which is an audience recording.

>Yes - the "Blind Willie McTell" and "Cocaine Blues" and "Born In Time" tracks are actually listed on the Lovesick single as 'field recordings.'

Brother Theodore, I've been searching online for high quality rips of those Lovesick singles (I think there are three) for some time. I don't suppose you'd be willing to up 'em in high-quality .mp3? If not, I understand, but I tought I'd ask.

-justin