Dylan - Bootleg Series, Volume 8

what's up with this song? when was it recorded? i'm assuming around TOOM.

i love the music on it.

So many familiar lines from other TOOM tunes (at least Standing In the Doorway & Make You Feel My Love), I'm guessing this is an early tune from those sessions.

Love the music too.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This release is going to cause a full-on Dylan outbreak in my system, I can just feel the symptoms.

Thanks everybody, you're too kind... You know, I was talking to Neil Young yesterday (audience cheers at the mention of Young) and he said to me, he said 'Bob, you just can't hear cool music on the radio anymore...' and I says to Neil, I says 'sure you just... (a decent pause) you just need to stick your radio in the refrigerator.
  • 1 month later...

shit, i thought amazon pretty much had to keep the bad reviews up? i see bad reviews up on a lot of other stuff.

i'm going overseas for a little over two weeks next friday, so it would be great if this would leak (even if only the first two discs) before i left. i just know it's going to be on my desk at work by the time i get back (i pre-ordered). i might have to sneak in the office on the way back from the airport. :-)

-justin

nah, i heard that the negative reviews were about the price of buying the 3cd version compared to the 2cd version. they werent about the music (since its not released yet)

people were blaming bob and sony for it, so thats why they might have got taken down. i didnt see them personally.

and they're right - the 3cd version is a total rip-off

Thanks everybody, you're too kind... You know, I was talking to Neil Young yesterday (audience cheers at the mention of Young) and he said to me, he said 'Bob, you just can't hear cool music on the radio anymore...' and I says to Neil, I says 'sure you just... (a decent pause) you just need to stick your radio in the refrigerator.

Keep the day job Mr. Zimmerman.

Those are fantastic.

One particular one I take a shine to:

In Wallingford, CT Bob introduced his drummer as "George Recile from

Hartford, CT." When no one in the audience seemed to care that his drummer

was from Hartford Bob pointed at George and repeated "George Recile from

Hartford, CT." When no one still seemed to care Bob looked at George with a

big grin on his face and said "You're from Hartford, right?"

there are promo copies of the bootleg series being passed around for journalists, ect, to listen to, but it hasnt leaked yet to the general public. i dont expect it to till it gets an official release.

the weird thing is that the last few bootleg series album that got out were things we've already heard before, so it wasnt much of a concern. this new one has lots of unreleased stuff

vol 4: live 66... probably the most common dylan bootleg

vol 5: mostly from 2 of the most common rolling thunder shows

vol 6: the halloween 64 show

vol 7: no direction home had some of the most common tracks that were out on bootlegs