Dylan - Bootleg Series, Volume 8

They should have put the tell me that it isn't true from bonnaroo on there. Too bad there isn't more never ending tour stuff on there.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreamin' of You: http://www.yousendit.com/download/Q01IRkJaY3lGR0ZjR0E9PQ

There y' go! I found it a pretty convoluted system just to get one lousy song. The song isn't lousy, though; it's pretty interesting. Basically a vestigial "Standing in the Doorway," but with a slithery Oh Mercy sort of quality. Not as good as anything on TOOM, of course, but an interesting look into Dylan's creative process.

Since the previous two installments were really lacklustre, I'm excited about this BS volume. I'm totally psyched that a track from the only Niagara region show Dylan has ever played (unless you count Hamilton, which you really shouldn't) is included in the set. A guy I met at that show hooked me up with an audience recording a few weeks later, but the sound quality is quite poor, even for an outdoor show. It'll be interesting to hear what it sounds like on the official release.

The File is no longer available for . Could someone repost it, please?

keep an eye here for the negative comments.. they seem to be back up:

3cd version...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tell-Tale-Signs-Bo...2504&sr=1-3

general search for the different versions...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/0...tell+tale+signs

here's the latest:

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

Tell tale signs of naked profiteering., 15 Sep 2008

By Jazzrook (Purbrook , Hampshire) - See all my reviews

Whatever the merits of the music on this 3-CD set it is completely outrageous that SONY have priced it at an exorbitant

Thanks!

EDIT: Now that I've listened, I am glad with where the finished version ended up... Still fun to listen to.

agreed. it's basically a totally different song. it's evolution points to how much his band helps with arrangements of songs.

New Dylan album to stream on NPR for 1 week

Fri Sep 26, 3:17 PM ET

NEW YORK - Bob Dylan's new album shall be released one week early as a free online stream on National Public Radio's Web site.

NPR Music will stream the entire two-CD, "Tell Tale Signs," beginning at 12:01 a.m. EDT Tuesday. It will be available for listening at least until Oct. 7, when the album is officially released by Columbia Records.

"Tell Tale Signs" is the eighth volume of Dylan's ongoing rarities compilations, titled the "Bootleg Series." This edition includes out-takes and rare cuts from the last two decades. An alternate version of "Mississippi"

Sweet!! stuff like this makes downloading a leak a real hassle. also, the free single. excellent marketing. let here a bit, if we love it, we'll buy it. not to mention, amazon is genius in its daily mp3 deals. keeps me coming back!

here's the complete tracklist:

Disc One

1. Mississippi 6:04 (Unreleased, Time Out of Mind)

2. Most of the Time 3:46 (Alternate version, Oh Mercy)

3. Dignity 2:09 (Piano demo, Oh Mercy)

4. Someday Baby 5:56 (Alternate version, Modern Times)

5. Red River Shore 7:36 (Unreleased, Time Out of Mind)

6. Tell Ol

Tons! Return to Me, Can't Get You Off of My Mind, Red Cadillac and a Black Mustache, Waitin' for You (from the Ya-Ya soundtrack), and a bunch more I can't think of at this hour. Ring of Fire from the Feeling Minnesota soundtrack, Blue Eyed Jane... a few others. Most of them are covers, but most of them are better than that awful Huck's Tune.

maybye an idea for the next 17 volumes ??

Bob Dylan's "Field Recordings"

A list of live recordings from 1988 onwards that have appeared on official "rarity" releases, mostly from Columbia - effectively Bob's live Never Ending TTour album! Some of these appeared first on bobdylan.com.

Audience recordings are indicated by (A).

Part 1 (CD1)

R-0239 A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall - live at the Great Music Experience, Nairra City, Japan, 1994, with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Michael Kamen, from the European Greatest Hits Vol. 3 Dignity singles, 1994

R-0229 Highway 61 Revisited - recorded live at the "Woodstock '94" festival, Saugerties, NY, 14 Aug 1994, from the 1995 A&M album Woodstock '94

R-0244 All Along The Watchtower - recorded live at the opening of the Rock

Tons! Return to Me, Can't Get You Off of My Mind, Red Cadillac and a Black Mustache, Waitin' for You (from the Ya-Ya soundtrack), and a bunch more I can't think of at this hour. Ring of Fire from the Feeling Minnesota soundtrack, Blue Eyed Jane... a few others. Most of them are covers, but most of them are better than that awful Huck's Tune.

thanks-i hate to think what i'm missing! :ohwell

i like huck's tune. what don't you like about it?