Wilco Lolla webcast 10:30 pm sat. night

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm uploading tonight's show right now, if anyone's interested I'd be happy to post a link here. I know mp3's are generally frowned upon, but it's the best I could do. I think it sounds really good, the audio didn't drop out once. Like I said, if there's interest I'd be happy to post the link here, just let me know.

Abe

I'm uploading tonight's show right now, if anyone's interested I'd be happy to post a link here. I know mp3's are generally frowned upon, but it's the best I could do. I think it sounds really good, the audio didn't drop out once. Like I said, if there's interest I'd be happy to post the link here, just let me know.

Abe

Please do, I would love to hear this again, and I missed the first several songs.

Just got back from the show, and had a great time, per usual when I see this band.

Ended up being a fantastic show. Yeah, we messed up the clapping on Spiders, and I thought that was kinda lame. I was pretty close to the front, so it's not too surprising that people in my area knew most of the words to the songs.

Did anyone out there get a good look at the size of the crowd that was seeing Wilco? I know that fest capacity is 75,000, and I would venture to say that most of the crowd was seeing Rage, but I don't know exactly how much. The standing area in front of the northern-most stage [where Wilco played] slopes down just slightly, so I couldn't really see past the soundboard to see how far the crowd spanned. I got a message from someone else at the fest that there really weren't very many people seeing Wilco, so I was just wondering if anyone else got a look.

All in all, a really great day. Newly sewed suits; a marvelous Wilco set; MGMT, Okkervil River, and Broken Social Scene also putting on great shows; and hey, now it's on the internets for my future listening pleasure.

The positive's from the "live" webcast last night:

1. Awsome set list.

2. Hearing the keyboards and bass on my crappy computer speakers.

3. A chance to see Wilco this summer (as its looking like I'm not getting to any shows this year)

4. Closing w/ Monday-->Outtasite

5. One wing -->Spiders

6. Drinking a few beers and not having to withstand what I assume were gouging prices and long lines.

The negatives:

1. Nels way to low in the mix.

2. Horrible camera work. Way too many close ups of guitars and waists. I kept wanting the occasional long & medium shot to see more interaction between the band.

3. I may be the only one to say this, but those suits have got to go. The only one that was even remotely cool looking was Nels' skull motif. C'mon Jeff, you are way to cool to be sporting the Hello Kitty.

All in all, it was a nice way to spend a Saturday evening.

Hey, no one's too cool to sport Hello Kitty. (But really he's sporting Welcoming Cat, or Fortune Cat to some.)

I give first prize Nudie design to John. His is radical. Or nautical, as it were.

Am I the only one this link doesn't work for? I keep getting an "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

GRRR.

The links were down, but everything's running smooth now.

And thanks to everyone that had such kind words to say about the blog, glad you like it.

Guest Jules
wow, I like how Radiohead gets fireworks during their set and Wilco gets them after, despite Wilco being from Chicago.

there are fireworks every Saturday at Navy Pier. Nothing to do with Wilco.

6. Drinking a few beers and not having to withstand what I assume were gouging prices and long lines.

$5 beers with basically no wait.

I've done a DVD of this show and included some footage from the Cubs game on the following day. Included the first pitch, 7th inning stretch, and interview from the bottom of the 7th inning. If someone wants to do a tree or vine or even a torrent, let me know. Or if you just want a B&P, email me. I'm happy to share it.