Here are the two new Wilco tunes

i love the new songs, but wilco could play "you are my sunshine" on kazoos and i would love it...

:thumbup

i love the new songs, but wilco could play "you are my sunshine" on kazoos and i would love it...

:thumbup

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone always says this, and since no one has, I guess I will:

This is the first time these guys have ever played these songs live. They could very well change. Both, or neither could easily end up on the next record. I don't think when they debut new tunes the first thought on their mind is how the VC community will react to the downloaded bootlegs.

That said, "One Wing" is like "Impossible Germany" crossed with "On and On and On" with a more muscular ending. "Sunny Feeling" is jaunty, catchy, decent and very b-side feeling.

This really has no effect on my ability to guess what the next record will be like, I've been through that enough times with this band to know better. If anything the production alone on SBS totally re-contextualized my perception of the material. And I'm guessing some TJ Doherty recording of "One Wing" at the Loft will probably do a lot more for me then a condenser mic in the middle of an audience with a drunk soccer mom chit chatting away through the quiet parts. Nonetheless, you tapers give us all a gift when we get to sneak a peek at some new material.

these dont sound anything like anything off of sky blue sky I think your all focusing on the tempo.

Maybe the most unexpected thing for Wilco to do this time would be repeating themsevles, I doubt it though.

Im loving one wing its time for alternative rock to make a comeback and besides radiohead what other 90s alt rock band is still realvent.

aswell both these songs are totally Wilco mytholgy keep it coming I almost figured it out with the last record which is a classic by the way.

Guest Speed Racer

I could totally hear Bono singing the last two choruses of One Wing, and I fear that now I have that image in my head at least that part of the song is kind of ruined for me...Sunny Feeling sounds a lot like a theme song for an upcoming sitcom in the Fall line-up. Or a Sheryl Crow song.

That being said, I like the songs for the most part. But when I was spinning YHF in 2002, when I put AGIB on in June 2004, this isn't what I thought they'd be putting out next. As my dad always says, though, as long as they're putting out, there's not much to complain about.