Wilco doing 7th inning stretch Sunday

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad the storm didn't wipe out the Cubs and most of the fans. That would have been awesome.
The second best thing would be if the storm headed to Boston and did the same thing :thumbup

This bit is beyond lame. Cut it out.

Can someone post the Go stick your dick in a light socket pic? Thanks.

Let me apologize in advance to the Wilco fans who obviously take themselves way too seriously. It's good to see Nodep5 was able to take a joke. For the others, I hope you get caught in that storm.

Like peace, love and good vibes man,

Gun7

Hey Gun7! Fuck you!

exactly. I thought this was about the 7th inning stretch of the game this past Sunday, not bashing Cubs fans.

Let me apologize in advance to the Wilco fans who obviously take themselves way too seriously. It's good to see Nodep5 was able to take a joke. For the others, I hope you get caught in that storm.

Gun7

wow, you really know how to spread good vibes. way to go!

Gun7

Not really an advance apology anymore, and the storm is long gone but thanks. I'll be sure to tell the people in NW Indiana whose town was destroyed that you wish tons more people could have suffered that fate. I'll also remind the people who lived through the 1990 Plainfield tornado disaster that they probably deserved it due to some sports affiliation they had.

Probably just the angle but the one of him leaning against the dugout, it looks like his jersey is an XXXL.

Oh and I didn't quite know how to phrase this in my summary of the pitch when it aired, but his jersey kinda flies up a little and you see a, uh, little gut hanging out. :lol

a friend forwarded this to me. its from a cardinals website.

" you might have read in the RFT (or seen it on WGN) where wilco sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" last weekend from the press box at wrigley --- clad in cubs jerseys, no less. in the ensuing interview, jeff tweedy admitted that, yeah, he grew up down in belleville across the river from . . . . er, uh, you know, st. louis . . . . as a cardinal fan. i'm told that a couple nights later, a cardinal employee showed up at the wilco gig in indianapolis with a birds-on-bat jersey personalized for tweedy (#1 on the back), a baseball with a personal inscription from TLR, and a bunch of swag for tweedy's kids. star-spangled banner at the all-star game next year, fellahs? . . . ."

I'm sure the SSB talk is all in good fun. and it would piss most of you off. but the rest is pretty funny.

Here is the source site. http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/ no need to go to it if you don't care about the redbirds.

While we're talkin' baseball . . .

Fredmr.jpg

A Boner Buries the Giants

[unsigned, The New York Times]

September 23, 1908

NEW YORK-Censurable stupidity on the part of player Merkle in today's game at the Polo Grounds between the Giants and Chicagos placed the New York team's chances of winning the pennant in jeopardy. His unusual conduct in the final inning of a great game perhaps deprived New York of a victory that would have been unquestionable had he not committed a breach in baseball play that resulted in Umpire O'Day declaring the game a tie.

With the score tied in the ninth inning at 1 to 1 and the New Yorks having a runner, McCormick, on third base waiting for an opportunity to score and Merkle on first base, Bridwell hit into center field. It was a fair hit ball and would have been sufficient to win the game had Merkle gone on his way down the base path while McCormick was scoring the winning run. But instead of Merkle going to second base to make sure that McCormick had reached home with the run necessary to a victory, Merkle ran toward the clubhouse, evidently thinking that his share in the game was ended when Bridwell hit the ball into safe territory.

Manager Chance of the Chicago Club quickly grasped the situation and directed that the ball be thrown to second base, which would force out Merkle, who had not reached that corner. Chance, who plays first base for the Chicago club, ran to second base and the ball was thrown there, but immediately Pitcher McGinnity interfered in the play and a scramble of players ensued, in which, it is said, McGinnity obtained the ball and threw it into the crowd before Manager Chance could complete a force play on Merkle, who was far away from the baseline. Merkle said that he had touched second base, and the Chicago players were equally positive that he had not done so.

Manager Chance then appealed to Umpire O'Day, who was head umpire of the game, for a decision in the matter. The crowd, thinking that the Giants had won the game, swarmed upon the playing field in such confusion that none of the "fans" seemed able to grasp the situation, but finally their attitude toward Umpire O'Day became so offensive that the police ran into the crowd and protected the umpire, while arguments were being hurled pro and con on the point in question by Manager Chance and McGraw and the umpire.

Umpire O'Day finally decided that the run did not count, and that inasmuch as the spectators had gained such large numbers on the field that the game could not be resumed. O'Day declared the game a tie, but the management of the Giants has recorded it as a 2 to 1 victory.

Fred Merkle's blunder indeed cost the Giants the National League pennant and effectively ruined his reputation as a player. The umpire's decision was appealed to the league's president, Harry C. Pulliam, who finally ruled the game a tie. The Giants and Cubs finished the season deadlocked for first, so the tied game was finally replayed and the Cubs won it to capture their third and pennant. Pulliam, whose indecision about scheduling a makeup game led to his being pilloried in the New York press, shot himself to death at the New York Athletic Club the following July.

Jack Johnson has a song on the Curious George Soundtrack (yeah, I've got kids!) called "The Sharing Song"....

It goes like this.....

" Three, it's a magic number. Yes, it is, it's a magic number. Because 2 time three is six, and six times three is 18, and the 18th letter in the alphabet is "R"....

and on and on....

I guess now you'll be curious (George) to find out why the LETTER R is important?

Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle!

(THAT'S THREE R'S BY THE WAY--MAGIC!)

I'd go with the Schoolhouse Rocks "3"