Wilco doing 7th inning stretch Sunday

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they didn't really sing, did they.

They actually did it right. They got it started, and then let the crowd sing. There's a disconnect between the mic and the crowd, and it's easy to get off track if you keep singing.

Dugg for reconfirming another Chicago residency !

I don't think he necessarily said it would be in Chicago, did he?

When they showed it on TV, the camera was on Jeff, so you couldn't really see how the pitch went.

That was fun to watch, but it was even more fun to watch during the brief window of time when the Pirates had tied it up. F'in Cubs. (F'in Brewers.)

Yes, we'll have to wait for a first-hand account. Or maybe Jeff will mention it at a show.

I work for the Cubs, so I was there in person. He threw from the mound, and it was a perfect strike. Did not bounce. The crowd cheered very loudly, they love it when you throw a strike. Rumor has it the Cubs are going to sign him for a late September call-up for the playoffs. :D

I work for the Cubs, so I was there in person. He threw from the mound, and it was a perfect strike. Did not bounce. The crowd cheered very loudly, they love it when you throw a strike. Rumor has it the Cubs are going to sign him for a late September call-up for the playoffs. :D

Awesome!

They actually did it right. They got it started, and then let the crowd sing. There's a disconnect between the mic and the crowd, and it's easy to get off track if you keep singing.

I thought the idea was to sing it as poorly as possible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdwOoinuJi0

hey, the giants could use an arm like that!

wotta hoot! :w00t

Just happened to think ... "Let's Not Get Carried Away" may be an appropriate song choice for Cub fans. Sure, the Cubbies are in first place, but let's not get carried away. They can find a way to blow it.

Just because their last World Series was "Far Far Away," they end up "Misunderstood." The current Cubs "Shouldn't Be Ashamed." Thankfully Lou told them to "Shake It Off." He's been a real "Shot in the Arm." But maybe that's just "Wishful Thinking." If they're "Less Than You think" you only end up "Red-eyed and Blue."

"I Must Be High."

Just because their last World Series was "Far Far Away," they end up "Misunderstood." The current Cubs "Shouldn't Be Ashamed." Thankfully Lou told them to "Shake It Off." He's been a real "Shot in the Arm." But maybe that's just "Wishful Thinking." If they're "Less Than You think" you only end up "Red-eyed and Blue."

"I Must Be High."

"I dreamed about killing Bartman again last night and it felt alright to me ..." - Via Wrigley.

Just happened to think ... "Let's Not Get Carried Away" may be an appropriate song choice for Cub fans. Sure, the Cubbies are in first place, but let's not get carried away. They can find a way to blow it.

Well, three NL teams finished in first place last year, and none went to the World Series.

After watching the tape, I have to revise my earlier critique. Nels, of all people (you know, the way-to-cool jazz guy) looked and sounded like he was really into it! Probably had a couple Buds beforehand, which should be a requirement. Well done!