Wilco doing 7th inning stretch Sunday

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the tape, I have to revise my earlier critique. Nels, of all people (you know, the way-to-cool jazz guy) looked and sounded like he was really into it! Probably had a couple Buds beforehand, which should be a requirement. Well done!

When you get past his jazz guy exterior, you see that Nels acts like a big kid a lot of the time, especially with goofy things like this.

I swear, this is the pinnacle, the mountain top, oh yes. My beloved Cubs and Wilco all wrapped in one. And the Cubbies won (despite the 8th inning meltdown)! I also thought Bob Brenly didn't want anything to do with Tweedy. Who knows, I can't help you if you get excited about Rage Against the Machine anyway. Which reminds me, for any of you who deciced on Rage against Wilco on Saturday, I will ask my favorite therapist question. So tell me, how did that work out for you?

I thought Jeff's answer to the why are you wearing number 3 was classic. Nobody in the booth got it, but I laughed my butt off. Jeff looked so nervous and anxious and the whole thing was classic.

I thought Jeff's answer to the why are you wearing number 3 was classic. Nobody in the booth got it, but I laughed my butt off. Jeff looked so nervous and anxious and the whole thing was classic.

My kids got it from our well-worn Schoolhouse Rock video tapes, and started singing it as soon as he said it.

Jack Johnson has a song on the Curious George Soundtrack (yeah, I've got kids!) called "The Sharing Song"....

It goes like this.....

" Three, it's a magic number. Yes, it is, it's a magic number. Because 2 time three is six, and six times three is 18, and the 18th letter in the alphabet is "R"....

and on and on....

I guess now you'll be curious (George) to find out why the LETTER R is important?

Reduce, Re-Use, Recycle!

(THAT'S THREE R'S BY THE WAY--MAGIC!)

Holy crap, look at what happened at Wrigley this evening:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...8.DTL&tsp=1

GASP!!!! you know i think this has something to do with WILCO singing the seventh inning stretch yesterday.....Has someone contacted the band yet?

I kid I kid.

heard from some friends in the area that it was a pretty bad ass display of lightning though.

Holy crap, look at what happened at Wrigley this evening:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...8.DTL&tsp=1

It's too bad the storm didn't wipe out the Cubs and most of the fans. That would have been awesome.

And as far Cardinal fans singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at Wrigley its been done before. For the baseball fans on here, Jack Buck the former Cardinal Hall of Fame announcer was asked to sing Take Me Me Out to the Ballgame. He started off wearing a Cubs hat but when he got to the "root root" part he threw it off and put on a Cardinal hat.

And as far as the celebrity of Wilco goes, I guess their next national appearnace will be on the Today show Summer Concert series.

What did I say that was so wrong?

Can you do me a favor? Can you pick me up a Shakespeare's Pizza and bring it to my house? Thanks.

Oh I don't know, maybe I would like to still have the Cubs around to finish out the greatest season in 100 years (I'm a fool for believing)

As for the Pizza, sure why not!

Also, I won't take exception to the comment about wiping out "most of their fans", because I know you didn't lump me in the "most of their fans" category.