It never ceases to amaze me...

Guest Jules
As far as politicians keeping their dicks in their pants, if their wives don't care, why should I? I figure it's an combined overflow of ambition and testosterone, and the little guy's still just campaigning.

I appreciate Viatroy's quality over quantity approach to posting.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards' comments on the Lewinsky matter (2/12/99): "I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen." http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the...edwards_in_1999

Hey John, ever hear what they say about people who live in glass houses?

I think it was Chris Rock who said something about ambitious men being ambitious in all aspects of their lives, including their sexuality, and that it should come as no surprise when affairs such as this take place.

Edwards is entitled to live his life however he chooses, but if you cannot keep and respect a marital vow, which also sort of encompasses not cheating on your children, I see no reason why doubt should not be cast on his ability to keep promises made to his constituents.

Meanwhile, today, Salon reported that Ron Suskind

Not fair to judge someone by something they said 9 years ago, regardless. Also not really necessary to make him look like an asshole. He looks like an asshole regardless of what he said in 1999.

I think I am still bitter over her staying with a man who cheated on her in front of the nation. I understand their empire status and all, but really.Is that worth staying for? Some say she has balls for staying and running for prez.I disagree.

An affair doesn't have to spell the end. Some couples are able to find opportunity in crisis and (with some work) it might even bring them closer together.

And for some spouses, it may not even be a deal breaker. Perhaps they have an "open" arrangement? It's none of our damn business either way.

Edwards' comments on the Lewinsky matter (2/12/99): "I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen." http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the...edwards_in_1999

Hey John, ever hear what they say about people who live in glass houses?

hey now... that was BEFORE this affair ;)

Not fair to judge someone by something they said 9 years ago, regardless. Also not really necessary to make him look like an asshole.

Why? Is there some sort of statute of limitations on hypocrisy? Yeah, the earth has rounded the sun nine times since Edwards made that remark, but I see no reason why it is unfair or improper to point it out.

Seems pretty irrelevent to me. He's not running for anything anymore, and even if he was, this affects people outside of his family exactly zero.

He was prepared to take the party down with him if he'd gotten the nomination.

I think it was Chris Rock who said something about ambitious men being ambitious in all aspects of their lives, including their sexuality, and that it should come as no surprise when affairs such as this take place.

Edwards is entitled to live his life however he chooses, but if you cannot keep and respect a marital vow, which also sort of encompasses not cheating on your children, I see no reason why doubt should not be cast on his ability to keep promises made to his constituents.

Meanwhile, today, Salon reported that Ron Suskind

You should use this picture as an avatar

HIJACK_onplane.gif

You sir are a most agregious thread hijacker.

And...as I started both threads, I find it an interesting that a thread about John Edwards getting a little nookie on the side is getting more hits and more responses than the thread about the possible start of the next great European war.

I wasn

I know attorneys like Edwards. I think it's fine for people to love or hate him for his positions, I just tend to be in the latter camp, because he just doesn't pass the sniff test in my book.

I knew that someday this post would get backed up on its own...

Oh yeah, this would have been a huge problem if he'd gotten the nomination. But he didn't, so its irrelevent now.

Well, that part of it is still relevant to me & my opinion of him in that it shows both incredible hubris as well as selfishness on his part. I lost a ton of respect for the man - not just for the affiar, but for the audacity to lie about it all this time and risk giving the election away as a result of it.