It never ceases to amaze me...

I think I am still bitter over her staying with a man who cheated on her in front of the nation. I understand their empire status and all, but really.Is that worth staying for? Some say she has balls for staying and running for prez.I disagree.

thats very awesome of you and I mean that sincerly but you are probaly like me a good person who feels love Hilary Clinton is a politician .

as for the carpet mucher coment thats was funny and I know where your getting it from it has been well documented that when Hillary met Bill in the 60s at college

she was heavily into lesbian mythlogy and the power that comes with it, form the start Bill was allowed to do what he wanted its a buissness relationship.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh..the business relationship.Pretty common among the rich and powerful. I just wished it worked both ways. Having worked in a woman's shelter in college I guess has tainted my view of that relationship being ok. I can't help but feel these woman need a voice when their husbands do this crap in front of a nation.They seem to be all fake smiles while holding on tightly to their man.

Famous people get horny too, and I really, truly believe that most people, famous, infamous or unknown, are about as faithful as opportunity (or lack of) permits them to be.
I feel the same way. I'm sure there are plenty of seriously loyal spouses/partners out there, but a lot of folks who readily express disgust at others' infidelity could easily cheat if the right person tugged at their zipper. :yes
I'd like to have an affair, but I just don't have the time nor the energy.

exactly... divorce is never pretty, but adultery is way worse

And man, having seen it and lived through having it happen to me does it require a lot of energy of people. Enough extra energy over a regular relationship to make one ill equiped to hold political office. Duplicity is very taxing.

Plus, it's really very clearly wrong. I know people like to say it's no big deal or it's other people's business but live through it and tell me if something isn't amiss with those who engage in it. It is clearly saying to another human being 'go fuck yourself.' Fair enough, many people do that all the time when they're driving, or ignoring issues of poverty or the enviornment or in myriad other ways. But now consider that one has pledged love and trust and honor to that person, and frequently have taken on the responsibility of caring and nurturing, loving and teaching other human beings in the process. Now I'm not saying they're totally effed or being extreme but I am saying that it is demonstrative of one having a tendency to make poor choices. And those who make poor choices in their personal lives are likely to make poor choices in their buisness lives. It is certainly my exprience from the business sector as well. And before certain people get exercised about war criminals and what not, one does not excuse the other. People can be against both.

So my official position, if this were a poll, would be fuck anybody who cheats on their spouse. If you can't keep it in, or out of your pants (depending on gender), don't get married. Or if you do and it doesn't work then do the right thing and suffer through getting out of it. If you're a politician and you're not smart enough to know god damn well you're going to eventually get caught you're not smart enough to lead. Because folks, most normal every day folks get caught eventually. Actually most want to because they're cheatintg beacuse they're unhappy...and they want to be happy...meaning getting out of the marriage. Which really very rarely makes anybody happier, but that's another thread. A politican under the spot light is most assuredly going to get caught.

There are folks on here, I'm one of them, who would be likely to have one of those Darwin bumper stickers on their cars. This is as much Darwinian for me as it might be about god's will to someone else. We're only going to get more from people when we require more from them. Honesty is simply a better quality than the alternative.

Is Hillary on VC? I stated uncool to bash VC'ers on a Wilco message board.I wouldn't have the guts to call Hillary a carpet muncher on her message board.

So you can't muster the imagination that there might be lesbian or gay wilco fans here, or those who are related to or know gay or lesbian people who might be offended by that phrase? Man, I cringed and I start as much crap here as anyone. If instead of shooting fish in a barrel you want to use dynamite I'm all for it, but you seem to want a certain level of decorum only when it suits you.

Guest Speed Racer
what's lesbian mythlogy?That is something I have never heard of.Interesting. So the carpet muncher rumor has roots to reality?

Ahhh..the business relationship.Pretty common among the rich and powerful. I just wished it worked both ways. Having worked in a woman's shelter in college I guess has tainted my view of that relationship being ok. I can't help but feel these woman need a voice when their husbands do this crap in front of a nation.They seem to be all fake smiles while holding on tightly to their man.

That's the second time you've used that phrase in this thread since someone asked you not to. Personal attack or not, the phrase is derogatory, tasteless, and altogether stupid. Homophobia bothers me as a general rule to be sure, but in conjunction with poor use of capitalization and punctuation it is simply unbearable.

So someone is asking you again, and now it's personal: stop.

So you can't muster the imagination that there might be lesbian or gay wilco fans here, or those who are related to or know gay or lesbian people who might be offended by that phrase? Man, I cringed and I start as much crap here as anyone. If instead of shooting fish in a barrel you want to use dynamite I'm all for it, but you seem to want a certain level of decorum only when it suits you.

Well, we timed that nicely.

Guest Speed Racer
calm down, sister. check that time stamp ;)

Ha! I opened the reply window before you posted, then puttered around for approximately 37 minutes before penning my reply. So, still didn't see yours before I posted. :)

And man, having seen it and lived through having it happen to me does it require a lot of energy of people. Enough extra energy over a regular relationship to make one ill equiped to hold political office. Duplicity is very taxing.

Plus, it's really very clearly wrong. I know people like to say it's no big deal or it's other people's business but live through it and tell me if something isn't amiss with those who engage in it. It is clearly saying to another human being 'go fuck yourself.' Fair enough, many people do that all the time when they're driving, or ignoring issues of poverty or the enviornment or in myriad other ways. But now consider that one has pledged love and trust and honor to that person, and frequently have taken on the responsibility of caring and nurturing, loving and teaching other human beings in the process. Now I'm not saying they're totally effed or being extreme but I am saying that it is demonstrative of one having a tendency to make poor choices. And those who make poor choices in their personal lives are likely to make poor choices in their buisness lives. It is certainly my exprience from the business sector as well. And before certain people get exercised about war criminals and what not, one does not excuse the other. People can be against both.

So my official position, if this were a poll, would be fuck anybody who cheats on their spouse. If you can't keep it in, or out of your pants (depending on gender), don't get married. Or if you do and it doesn't work then do the right thing and suffer through getting out of it. If you're a politician and you're not smart enough to know god damn well you're going to eventually get caught you're not smart enough to lead. Because folks, most normal every day folks get caught eventually. Actually most want to because they're cheatintg beacuse they're unhappy...and they want to be happy...meaning getting out of the marriage. Which really very rarely makes anybody happier, but that's another thread. A politican under the spot light is most assuredly going to get caught.

There are folks on here, I'm one of them, who would be likely to have one of those Darwin bumper stickers on their cars. This is as much Darwinian for me as it might be about god's will to someone else. We're only going to get more from people when we require more from them. Honesty is simply a better quality than the alternative.

Excellent post.

Huh? I have no problem with anyone who is gay or otherwise. In fact, I am a very open person to any lifestyle. The term "carpet muncher" is a humorous one..not a gay/lesbian derogatory one. Lighten up. I didn't attack anyone here with that.I made a joke about Hilliary. If I called someone that to hurt them than yeah, I'd be a jerk. I didn't though. Making fun of politicians is pretty darn common in this country, as well as one another. As far as the term carpet muncher, anyone can be one. It's not mean't to be hurtful in any way.

As far as the level of decorum comment about me, I put up with a lot of crappy behavior towards me and others and finally gave some it back to certain parties.I could not care less who they make fun of or how they say it, as long as it is fun, not to hurt a VC member.

Calling hilliary a carpet muncher was not intended to to that.Sorry if you feel it was over the top.It's humor.

I just saw this stupid beautiful chick with a piercing in her cheek and cat paws tattooed up her neck to behind her ear. I clearly don't get the world, so please disregard my prior posts.

:rotfl

That's the second time you've used that phrase in this thread since someone asked you not to. Personal attack or not, the phrase is derogatory, tasteless, and altogether stupid. Homophobia bothers me as a general rule to be sure, but in conjunction with poor use of capitalization and punctuation it is simply unbearable.

So someone is asking you again, and now it's personal: stop.

Well, we timed that nicely.

Lighten up.See my response above. And I don't recall anyone asking me to stop using that funny term. It is not a derogatory gay/lesbian term what so ever. I was making fun of Hilliary. Men are carpet munchers as well.In fact, I saw a comedian call herself that.

I could point you to about 200 references to black people, gay people, women, white people, stupid people, and fellow VC'ers on this board. It's all in humor so I don't freak out. Now, when I felt it got personal I said something.

I value your thoughts on this, but I think you over reacted.For you I will remove the carpet muncher part even though I think it is funny. Are you going to point out all the other funny references that exist on this board?Because there are about 500.

Lighten up.See my response above. And I don't recall anyone asking me to stop using that funny term. It is not a derogatory gay/lesbian term what so ever. I was making fun of Hilliary. Men are carpet munchers as well.In fact, I saw a comedian call herself that.

I could point you to about 200 references to black people, gay people, women, white people, stupid people, and fellow VC'ers on this board. It's all in humor so I don't freak out. Now, when I felt it got personal I said something.

I value your thoughts on this, but I think you over reacted.For you I will remove the carpet muncher part even though I think it is funny. Are you going to point out all the other funny references that exist on this board?Because there are about 500.

you are definitely something... you say it isn't gay/lesbian term yet you refer to Hillary as a carpet muncher. You are insinuating that Hillary enjoys the same sex. That is what makes it a gay/lesbian term.

I don't recall someone getting into as many tiffs on VC in such a short period of time (trolls aside).

you are definitely something... you say it isn't gay/lesbian term yet you refer to Hillary as a carpet muncher. You are insinuating that Hillary enjoys the same sex. That is what makes it a gay/lesbian term.

I don't recall someone getting into as many tiffs on VC in such a short period of time (trolls aside).

a tiff? I have no problem having someone call me out and give me a chance to explain what I mean. As long as they actually give a crap about what I say, and are not doing it to be an ass.It was mean't to make fun of Hillary and her possible cheating, not anyone else.Period.How many jokes about all walks of life have you and your pals raged?I have heard you speak of gay, black, etc all in jest.No big deal as it was in fun. I only called it out when it was a personal attack on me. Some people don't like to be called out.I don't mind if If I am being a jerk.

Your trying way to hard to make me look like a jerk here.I already removed the term and said it was not mean't to insult anyone.Take it and leave it alone.If I insult you on purpose please let me know.

I have heard you speak of gay, black, etc all in jest.

You have?

Your trying way to hard to make me look like a jerk here.I already removed the term and said it was not mean't to insult anyone.Take it and leave it alone.If I insult you on purpose please let me know.

I have yet to try and make you look like a jerk. I'm relatively certain that you aren't a jerk. Maybe a bit on the paranoid, sensitive side with a unique sense of humor?

I'm done. I just couldn't scroll past your logic without pointing out the absurd.

You have?

I have yet to try and make you look like a jerk. I'm relatively certain that you aren't a jerk. Maybe a bit on the paranoid, sensitive side with a unique sense of humor?

I'm done. I just couldn't scroll past your logic without pointing out the absurd.

points taken :thumbup

The term "carpet muncher" is a humorous one..not a gay/lesbian derogatory one.

It's not derogatory just because you say so? Right.

I'll remember that when you use the "n-word" in a joke about Obama, so I won't make the mistake of being offended or anything.

Guest Speed Racer

No, seriously, stop. When someone asks you nicely to stop using a term for which there are at least 10 more acceptable ones, THEN you make it personal.

No, seriously, stop. When someone asks you nicely to stop using a term for which there are at least 10 more acceptable ones, THEN you make it personal.

good luck with this.

This is true, up to a point. I think there are cases when a man and his wife would agree that they don't care what they do sexually or who they do it with (not suggesting this is the case here, but your statement isn't specifically referring to John Edwards) in which case it no longer matters (more in line with the Clintons, maybe). The last paragraph, though, is gold. Couldn't agree more.

It's not derogatory just because you say so? Right.

I'll remember that when you use the "n-word" in a joke about Obama, so I won't make the mistake of being offended or anything.

I said, for the last time, I did not mean it that way.I also removed it for the chick who got upset over it.What else would you like?

I don't use the n-word thank you, and I don't joke about Obama either. There is nothing left to talk about concerning this, I took what was said to me, listened, and then removed it. GOI!

again, I removed it for you so what are you still going on about? If I personally attack you please let me know.