It never ceases to amaze me...

Hubris. You gotta think he thought nobody would ever find out about it.

And while his wife was battling cancer.

Edwards admits to affair, denies fathering child

WASHINGTON - Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards on Friday admitted to an extramarital affair while his wife was battling cancer. He denied fathering the woman's daughter.

Edwards told ABC News that he lied repeatedly about the affair with a 42-year-old woman but said that he didn't love her. He said he has not taken a paternity test but knows he isn't the father because of the timing of the affair and the birth.

ABC said a former Edwards campaign staffer claims he is the father, not Edwards.

In 2006, Edwards' political action committee paid $100,000 in a four-month span to a newly formed firm run by Rielle Hunter, who directed the production of just four Web videos, one a mere 2 1/2 minutes long.

Hunter's daughter, Frances Quinn Hunter, was born on Feb. 27, 2008, and no father's name is given on the birth certificate filed in California.

Edwards was a top contender for the Democratic nomination for president. He placed second in the Iowa caucuses last January but dropped out of the race a few weeks later.

Edwards, a former senator from North Carolina, was the Democratic nominee for vice president in 2004.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cancer angle isn't particularly relevant. Edwards insists the affair occurred while his wife's cancer was in remission.

Not that it makes it any better, but he's no Newt Gingrich.

if your going to risk political trouble from an affair let it be with some young hottie.Not a 40 something with a biological clock ticking. Guess he's not in the VP running. I knew there was something shady about that pretty boy.

Are you serious? That makes no difference. Infidelity either way.

I hear Mrs. Hillary is a carpet muncher on the side. I'm sure she would have gotten caught if office was given.

That's a pretty offensive phrase for someone who pronounces others "uncool" for poking a bit of fun.

Are you serious? That makes no difference. Infidelity either way.

Why should I get angry over it? The whole country still jokes about Miss Monica's stained dress.It made her famous and gsave Bill a funny story to tell.Didn't keep Hillary down..and neither could Bill long enough. What is sad is that many of the woman these guys mess around with become rich or famous, or both.Why feel sorry for them?Most of the wives stay with the losers.Why feel sorry for them?

I feel sorry for the kids.

That's a pretty offensive phrase for someone who pronounces others "uncool" for poking a bit of fun.

quoted for truth!!!!

I am disappointed in Edwards for this. I liked the squeaky clean thing. now it's ruined. are there any good politicians out there?

Whatever you think, it's safe to say that they have some good reporting over there at The National Enquirer.

When the National Enquirer first reported the alleged Edwards-Hunter affair last October 11, Edwards, his campaign staff and Hunter vociferously denounced the report.

Is Hillary on VC? I stated uncool to bash VC'ers on a Wilco message board.I wouldn't have the guts to call Hillary anything on her message board.

Is Hillary on VC? I stated uncool to bash VC'ers on a Wilco message board.I wouldn't have the guts to call Hillary a carpet muncher on her message board.

You're like the worst person ever at this place.

I hear Mrs. Hillary is a carpet muncher on the side. I'm sure she would have gotten caught if office was given.

Ms. Clinton has an office, as junior United States senator from the great state of New York.

Famous people get horny too, and I really, truly believe that most people, famous, infamous or unknown, are about as faithful as opportunity (or lack of) permits them to be.

Guest Jules
When the National Enquirer first reported the alleged Edwards-Hunter affair last October 11, Edwards, his campaign staff and Hunter vociferously denounced the report.

You would think being the accomplished lawyer he is, Edwards would have sued the pants off the Enquirer if it was false.

A former campaign aide, Andrew Young, has said he was the father of the child.

I don't know which part of this story is worse...the actual affair or the fact that Edwards and his campaign aide were tag-teaming this woman.

Guest Jules
Is Hillary on VC? I stated uncool to bash VC'ers on a Wilco message board.I wouldn't have the guts to call Hillary a carpet muncher on her message board.

This makes so little sense it almost makes sense.

Not really.

the oval office dude.

zkrbx3.jpg

Believe me, if Hillary had an affair, hetero or otherwise, we would find out about it, even if she was busted down to Chappaqua animal control officer.