[a/k/a "The Long-core" or "The Lawn-core?"]

The Late Greats

Hate It Here

Heavy Metal Drummer

Red-Eyed and Blue>

I Got You (At The End of the Century)

Hoodoo Voodoo

I Shall Be Released (w/Fleet Foxes) :yes

Some nice change-ups in the set list! And I bet the Dylan cover with the Fleet Foxes was great. How was the crowd? It looks like a beautiful venue.

:w00t

thanks for the set list and pix, u & b!

opening with hummingbird? that's kind of fun!

i shall be released. holy hell. that looks like it was fantastic!

you kids have any hashbrowns or french fries while there?

wow! i just got home from my roadtrip of about 30 hours roundtrip. :yawn great shows, but i don't think i'll be doing that again! in short, i had an amazing time at this show! the Fleet Foxes were amazing, the guys in wilco were in a great mood right from the get go, the crowd was singing and dancing all night, and I Shall Be Released was sublime! :wub

for now, it's time for bed.

oh, and nice photo's Bri! It was really great to meet you! :wave

I hear in Boise, they're Basque fries! :eat

I had some potatoes in a Bechamel sauce at a Basque restaurant, does that count? :ninja

As to the show, I honestly think this one will go down as one of my favorites of the year. I'm not necessarily one for outdoor shows, by and large, but as Jeff pointed out, this one had the feel of Wilco playing in someone's back yard. I mean, they essentially played in a gazebo--how great is that? There was a patio-like semi-circle area in front of the stage where people could stand if they wanted; otherwise, they were welcome to set up low-backed chairs and/or blankets fanning out in an arc from where the "patio" area ended. i'm not sure how many people ended up standing, but this was the best of both worlds--those who wanted to stand could stand, those who wanted to sit could sit.

Everyone was very nice, from the winery staff to security. Sodas and water were $1, beer was like $4 and good-looking food (although I only tried a little bit) was $3-$7. It was all very civilized. :yes

And the show was a really fun one as well. When John's amp started to click and crackle before Handshake Drugs, that wasn't a good sign. They brought out another identical amp ("Wilco has two of everything," Jeff joked) but eventually the problem seemed to be solved by not using the black bass that John normally uses on Handshake, I'm The Man Who Loves You and a handful of other songs. Jeff had some priceless banter throughout the night, including calling out a guy with a Rollie Fingers-style mustache before I'm The Man: "Sir, if you're going to come to a show with a mustache that awesome, you need to warn us because it's been distracting me all night." There was also a funny bit after California Stars about having done "their signature move" (a riff ending) like three songs in a row. Maybe someone else can elaborate on that one...

Not sure how the sound was further away from the stage, but up close, Nels was a little loud in the mix, which I like. Everything just sounded very crisp and right on from where I was.

It certainly wasn't the best setlist I've seen overall, but it was one of those shows where what they played was less important than how they played it...which was very energetically and viscerally. Of course, getting I Shall Be Released as a show closer was perfect. It had been a while since we'd heard that one, but when we heard them soundchecking it earlier with Fleet Foxes (who looked so happy to be out there for the finale), we were hopeful. What a great song to end the night on! :thumbup

One taper that I saw. He uploaded to archive.org, but the file has since been removed. Luckily I got one before it was taken down, and am breaking it up right now. Give me some time and I'll make it available somewhere.

would love to get a copy, I went to the show and it was really good, been to a few shows at this venue and its always been great weather, and the performers always seem to enjoy themselves, thanks in advance to an upload

One taper that I saw. He uploaded to archive.org, but the file has since been removed. Luckily I got one before it was taken down, and am breaking it up right now. Give me some time and I'll make it available somewhere.

That's because Wilco does not allow their shows to be put up at archive.org. He would have know this if he checked the list of bands that do not allow their shows to be put up there.

Personally, I like to see shows put up at bt.etree.org - as you don't have to register or worry about ratios. Of course, this means you have to do the right thing - that is, seed and not hit and run.

great show, loved via chicago. Lost an epic battle for a half drumstick - that girl definitely wanted it more.

Glad to hear that there was a taper there, if anyone hears anything about it popping up on etree keep us updated.

Here's a grainy cellphone pic attached.

0820082155a.jpg

• 1 month later...
That's because Wilco does not allow their shows to be put up at archive.org. He would have know this if he checked the list of bands that do not allow their shows to be put up there.

Personally, I like to see shows put up at bt.etree.org - as you don't have to register or worry about ratios. Of course, this means you have to do the right thing - that is, seed and not hit and run.

Has this show been made available anywhere yet?