Favorite movie scenes...

The tension in the first motel scene in No Country For Old Men was one of the best cinematic moments I've watched in years. Josh Brolin struggling to hide the cash in the vent while Javier Bardem's transponder is pinging away right next door. I could add another few scenes from that film...

I'm a sentimental sap perhaps, but the last 15 minutes of Field of Dreams get me every time. "People will come..."

Carradine's Superman spiel at the end of Kill Bill Vol. 2 is another great recent scene.

How about a TV movie? Seriously. I'm a big fan of the "Don't Fear the Reaper" opening credits in The Stand.

The bus ride at the end of Midnight Cowboy.

Dave Bowman shutting down HAL in 2001, followed by his journey through the monolith's wormhole.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny scene: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, when the whale is falling and coming to grips with his existence. That last line of "Hellllooooo groooouuuunnd" still throws me into a uncontrollable laughing fit when someone says that.

Heavy scene: In Million Dollar Baby, when Hillary Swank takes her mom to the house she just bought her, and her mom blasts her because it's going to mess up her welfare. The mom is one of the most memorable characters I've ever seen in a movie. I've only seen that movie once, and I refuse to see it again. I had no idea what it was about when I saw it, and it freaked me out big time.

Dogma, Milwaukee Airport, Affleck and Damon getting on elevator:

Loki: The last four days on Earth. If I had a dick, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing.

Bartleby: What's that?

Loki: Let's kill people.

[Lady next to Loki spits out her coffee]

Loki: [to lady] Oh, not you.

I've been on W. Anderson kick here as of late and

in the Royal Tenenbaum's is a favorite.

And more recently, the post-river scene in The Darjeeling Limited where Adrien Brody is carrying the delicate body of the young Indian boy back to his village. One of the other young boys has hold of his friend (or brother's) limp hand, and it just chokes me up.

Kevin

I've been on W. Anderson kick here as of late and
in the Royal Tenenbaum's is a favorite.

And more recently, the post-river scene in The Darjeeling Limited where Adrien Brody is carrying the delicate body of the young Indian boy back to his village. One of the other young boys has hold of his friend (or brother's) limp hand, and it just chokes me up.

Kevin

The line before all that is one of my favorites in the film: "Look at these assholes."

Donald O'Connor's "Make 'em Laugh" dance in Singing in the Rain

The last shot of Notorious when Claude Rains slowly turns and walks back into his mansion.

"Tiny Dancer" singalong in Almost Famous

Three scenes in Casablanca

-- last shot with Bogey and Claude walking off together

-- When Victor Lazlo and the club band plays "La Marseillaise"

-- When Rick helps out the newlywed couple at the Roulette table

Audition scenes in Waiting For Guffman

I think the best scene in Say Anything is when after walking her home, he takes a bow in the middle of the street while Diane and her dad watch him from the window.

All of Max Fischerman's plays in Rushmore

A million scenes in Children of Men, but the scene that sticks with me is when they are walking out of the combat zone with the baby past all of the soldiers and refugees.

The last scene in the bookstore in the Lives of Others - best movie ending in quite a while.

The barn raising scene in Witness

Those are just a few.