Favorite movie scenes...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in It's a Wonderful Life, i love when clarence saves george from killing himself off the bridge, and they're in the bridge house drying off by the stove. clarence, after conferring with joseph above, tells george he's his angel, and george, still in despair, says "yeah, well you look about like the kind of an angel i'd get."

The end of Roman Holiday when Audrey Hepburn disappears behind the stage and Gregory Peck waits for her but slowly walks out of the or cathedral--it is a room with a long aisle so they camera shows just how long of a walk it is, in this huge cavernous building, but you can tell he's walking so slowly, waiting to see her come running back out. But she doesn't, and eventually he walks all the way out of the room...

Blue Velvet - They take Jeffery for a ride - Dennis Hopper demands the "candy colored sandman"

and the big blond is grooving on top of the car to Roy Orbisons "In Dreams". While Jeffery gets his ass kicked.

"Do you like beer Jeffery?"

also-

Missouri Breaks any seen with Brando and Jack.

How about Repo Man?

Anyone?

The opening scene of "SuperTroopers" can consistently bring me to hillarious tears...and I'm not going to apologize for it.

The quitting scene from "Joe vs. the Volcano" -- a seriously under-appreciated movie.

In "Lost Highway" the scene when Patricia Arquette is waiting in Big Eddy's car at the garage and Lou Reed's "This Magic Moment" starts playing...

Great juxtaposition of sight and sound IMHO.

Kevin

Amen!!! Powerful film and one of my favorites.

I especially like Patricia in this movie. :wub