It use to go like this:

Riff Raff

Now, it goes like this:

Rock

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am in the only person from Australia that hates this band?

\

I don't know how old you are, but based upon your comment, I'd venture that you're under 30. I think if you were over that age, this would be a non-issue. I suppose by default this also makes you hate Rose Tattoo?

Back In Black

I wonder how many dudes owned that album here.

I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone who didn't have that record in this town when it came out. My senior year in HS (when it came out) you couldn't go anywhere without hearing it blasting away.

Still, for me, if it ain't Bon I'm really not interested.

I was in the 9th grade. I actually don't own any AC/DC at all - although, I did have that album, and Dirt Deeds (on 8-Track!), I think. I was actually never that much into them - but I like to hear a song or two every once in a while. I have to say - they don't mess around - they stay true to their roots.

If you watch some of those live videos from the 1980s on, you can see how how big they are. It will be interesting to see how the new album sells, and if they sell out shows - so many years down the road. Like The Eagles, their new album will only be available at Wal Mart.

I would expect concert sales to do really well. They're still kind of a 'rite of passage' band I would think - if you're a teenager (boy especially) how could you not like 'em? Plus, there's probably still a good number of old farts who will be there for a good dose of nostalgia. I know you can't turn on a classic rock radio station here without them being played once an hour.

That's about right. I don't think I ever really heard any of their albums past For Those About to Rock We Salute You.

* High Voltage (Aus.) (1975)

* T.N.T. (1976)

* High Voltage (1976)

* Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976)

* Let There Be Rock (1977)

* Powerage (1978)

* Highway to Hell (1979)

* Back in Black (1980)

* For Those About to Rock We Salute You (1981)

* Flick of the Switch (1983)

* '74 Jailbreak (1984)

* Fly on the Wall (1985)

* Who Made Who (1986)

* Blow Up Your Video (1988)

* The Razors Edge (1990)

* Ballbreaker (1995)

* Stiff Upper Lip (2000)

* Black Ice (2008)

In 2005, the Recording Industry Association of America upgraded the group's US sales figures from 63 million to 69 million, making AC/DC the fifth-best-selling band in US history and the tenth best selling artist, selling more albums than Madonna, Mariah Carey and Michael Jackson, just to name a few. The RIAA also certified Back in Black as double Diamond (twenty million) in US sales, and by 2007 the album had sold 22 million copies, which moved it into fifth place.
It's all the same. It's all one song.

ha ha

I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sounds exactly the same, In fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.
- Angus Young

Yeah. Even though I've heard things like "Whole Lotta Rosie" a million times, I'll be damned if I don't crank that sucker up to ear-splitting levels every time it comes on.

Today, I was getting into watching the live clips on Youtube - including the movie I spoke of the other day, Let There Be Rock.

Also - I think it is pretty cool that they let all that footage be put on Youtube - and don't have it taken down. I also watched a good documentary about them - mainly, it was interviews with Angus and Malcolm.

I own every Bon album on vinyl. In fact along with my Kiss and early Van Halen records, they are the oldest surviving pieces in my vinyl collection. '74 Jailbreak is cream of the crop for me. I saw them on The Razor's edge tour and it was definitely a good, high energy rock show.