Va. pharmacy follows faith, no birth control sales

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About as big a stretch as equating PREVENTIVE contraception with abortion.

oh please. If i owned a sporting goods shop I wouldn't sell guns. My only beef with this pharmacy would be if the owner or the developer had received any kind of public financing (TIF or tax stabilization or any other incentive) to locate there. Then we have a problem, but private company deciding what not to sell in its own store? I'm a pretty left wing commie tree hugger (in real life) and even this store doesn't blow my feathers. I cannot believe I'm actually on the same side as JUDE. I might need a shower.

I'm going to give him a piece of my mind, that's for sure. If I have time, I might also stop by Pizza Hut and yell at them for not serving waffles.

Though I laughed, a pharmacy is in the business of providing drugs prescribed by a physician.

The "belief" that birth control is "wrong" is not only rationally indefensible, it is itself an immoral belief - like the opposition certain sects have against blood transfusions. A "Christian" "doctor" who refused to perform that operation out of some misplaced loyalty to the book of Leviticus(?) would be rightfully condemned as monstrously negligent.

That should be the standard. You refuse to perform transfusions on religious grounds, you don't get to call yourself a doctor. You refuse to sell a legal medication on religious grounds, you don't get to call yourself a pharmacist.

oh please. If i owned a sporting goods shop I wouldn't sell guns. My only beef with this pharmacy would be if the owner or the developer had received any kind of public financing (TIF or tax stabilization or any other incentive) to locate there. Then we have a problem, but private company deciding what not to sell in its own store? I'm a pretty left wing commie tree hugger (in real life) and even this store doesn't blow my feathers. I cannot believe I'm actually on the same side as JUDE. I might need a shower.

My point, was that the storeowner appears to be equating preventative contraception, medication that actually prevents pregnancy, with abortion.

If the asshat had half a brain, he

Man, neon. Every time people start liking you, you go and do something like this. Now you're going to be the butt of jokes for the next week. Good job.

I can live with that.

Doctor says to fix my sober condition I need pot to get high.

Phucking Farmacist won't hook my shit up.

Unlike marijuana, contraceptives are not illegal.

My point, was that the storeowner appears to be equating preventative contraception, medication that actually prevents pregnancy, with abortion.

Contraception is its own thing - kinda related to abortion, but not really.

The position against abortion is because they believe it's murder.

The position against contraceptives is because it's preventing the miracle of life - that you're messing with GOD'S PLAN. It's a much lesser sin (Fr. Guido Sarducci says that you have to literally pay for your sins when you get to the Pearly Gates - masturbation (and other non-conceiving orgasms) are about $0.35, or 3 for a $1)

I'm going to give him a piece of my mind, that's for sure. If I have time, I might also stop by Pizza Hut and yell at them for not serving waffles.

:rotfl

If the asshat had half a brain, he

Contraception is its own thing - kinda related to abortion, but not really.

The position against abortion is because they believe it's murder.

The position against contraceptives is because it's preventing the miracle of life - that you're messing with GOD'S PLAN. It's a much lesser sin (Fr. Guido Sarducci says that you have to literally pay for your sins when you get to the Pearly Gates - masturbation (and other non-conceiving orgasms) are about $0.35, or 3 for a $1)

Well, then, I imagine selling any life saving drug is an attempt to subvert god

interstingly enough one doesn't need to go to that pharmacy or a Dr who doesn't treat you in line with your views. Cancer treatments have a wide variety of opinions on protocols. Should one Dr gavevto treat you as another? Seems to me the market place would sort this out just fine.