Va. pharmacy follows faith, no birth control sales

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine that. We have a Christian bookstore in town that only sells Christian books and the St. Cloud Diocese requires that you be a Catholic if you want to work for them. What is the world coming too?

I don't have a problem with it. A private business can do whatever the hell it wants. I think that it is a stupid business decision. You aren't going to see CVS, Walgreens, etc. doing it and they'd fire any pharmacist that refused to do the job they wee hired to do. A small pharmacy can possibly get away with it but the idea that a chainreaction will occur is laughable. For-profit businesses are just that. Even if a neighborhood is inundated with these type of pharmacies, a 'full-service' pharmacy will move in to pick up the business. The only possible problem I see is in a small town without a chain pharmacy where the majority of the residents are of a likemind - crazy! ha ha. I could see the non-crazy segment of the population not being served but I'd be willing to bet that in a case like that a Soros-esque person/people would open a competitive pharmacy even if it lost money. Boycott it? Sure. I wouldn't shop there. Get all bent out of shape? No. It's a private business.

Hey, all the power to them. I'd rather have the Mercy Day Pharmacy or whatever it is called doing "god's work" than have my pharmacy (CVS or Rite Aid) deny my birth control because the pharmacist on duty has an issue with it.

PS. this is in our county.

What does kind of annoy me is that sometimes women take birth control pills for reasons other than to prevent pregnancy. So that is alienating those women. But then again, I'd just go to a different pharmacy.

What do you think of NFP only physicians?

This would actually be a story if it were a VA (Veterans Administration) pharmacy that refused to sell a certain drug based upon personal religious and moral beliefs and not some small privately owned pharmacy in a strip mall in VA.

Thanks for playing though.