I know its wasnt one of his records that got trashed it actually got allot of good feedback but I still think this record is underratted.

For me its one of his best as good as Blood On The Tracks and in the same class as his 60's wrk . The reason I feel this way is A the Band and B tHE FUCKIN SONGS.

I know its wasnt one of his records that got trashed it actually got allot of good feedback but I still think this record is underratted.

For me its one of his best as good as Blood On The Tracks and in the same class as his 60's wrk . The reason I feel this way is A the Band and B tHE FUCKIN SONGS.

The magic of the double "Forever young" totally lost on the cd version. Also love the "Never Say Goodbye".

I remember hearing a story about Bob being at a party at Joni Mitchell's house and she was about to release "Court And Spark" and Dylan was releasing "Planet Waves". Joni claims Dylan fell asleep listening to "Court And Spark", the rest of the crowd I guess gave it a luke warm reception. After Dylan played "Planet Waves" he was lavished with praise. Apparnetly this really upset Joni, who felt her record was a more inventive, where as she saw Planet Waves as more of the same.

To each their own I guess.

I find it and New Morning to be like his last few albums. Proof that a genius who fell from grace can still make good stuff. I don't get much more than that out of it.

Interesting story about Joni. I think Court and Spark was where her material started going downhill, and Planet Waves is where Dylan made a bit of a comeback. Weird.

personally, 'Planet Waves' and 'New Morning' are "happy" albums for me. like, I only listen to 'em when I'm dating a girl, etc. however, most of the time I happen to be heartbroken and single so I gravitate more towards his other records. like Froggie said, 'Wedding Song' is awesome! its like 'Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands' little sister.

or just www.boblinks.com

this is a great one for earlier detailed info:

http://www.bjorner.com/chronologies.htm

http://www.bjorner.com/bob.htm

Pretty cool. I've only been to one Dylan show. Neat to look it up:

Pacific Amphitheatre

Costa Mesa, California

1 October 1993

1. You're Gonna Quit Me (Mance Lipscomb)

2. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

3. All Along The Watchtower

4. Just Like A Woman

5. Tangled Up In Blue

6. You're A Big Girl Now

7. Blackjack Davey (trad. arr. by Bob Dylan)

8. The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll

9. Boots Of Spanish Leather

10. I And I

11. Maggie's Farm

I love PW.

Whenever I go on a road trip, PW comes along with me.

Concerning Dirge, I used to FF it......now, I'll listen to it even though it seems to break up the flow of the album. I've heard people call that tune the best one on the album. Do I agree with or understand that statement? No.

:thumbup
I've been listening to Planet Waves all week. Why is this album not considered one of his best or at least one of his best from the 70's. I've read that it was received warmly by critics but didn't sell very well and on the supporting tour they eventually dropped every song but Forever Young. I think it sounds great musically. It may not contain Dylan's most poetic lyrics but man it has a groove.
I find it and New Morning to be like his last few albums. Proof that a genius who fell from grace can still make good stuff. I don't get much more than that out of it.

Interesting story about Joni. I think Court and Spark was where her material started going downhill, and Planet Waves is where Dylan made a bit of a comeback. Weird.

I never understood the whole "comeback thing" i mean self portrait, thats it, what other sub par release? As you said New Morning is a great record and the two prior to self portrait were great as well.

It's not like Dylan chose to release "Dylan" or that "Pat Garrett" is really an album.

I never understood the whole "comeback thing" i mean self portrait, thats it, what other sub par release?

the whole "comeback" shebang is when he comes out with an album thats a bit better than his previous ones - not that they were bad.

oh, another sub-par release? - Saved

Planet Waves is a good album. There was a year or two in the late '90s in which that was the main Dylan album I listened to.

At this point, I'd rather hear just about any Dylan album other than Blood on the Tracks. I'm not going to say anything bad about it. I've just heard that one too much, I guess.

Nowadays I'm all about the pre-Highway 61 albums.

Yeah for me everytime Dylan wanted to make a masterpiece he did and this is one of them. His bad albums are intentionaly bad I picked up Shot Of Love recently for $6 and I had to imideitly put on John Wesley harding to remind myself that this guy is good, his bad albums can ruin your idea of him don't listen to them.

Maybe Slow Train Coming there are some god tracks on that but its still subpar.

By the way Going going gone is so good it hurts those canucks can sure play

Yeah for me everytime Dylan wanted to make a masterpiece he did and this is one of them. His bad albums are intentionaly bad I picked up Shot Of Love recently for $6 and I had to imideitly put on John Wesley harding to remind myself that this guy is good, his bad albums can ruin your idea of him don't listen to them.

Maybe Slow Train Coming there are some god tracks on that but its still subpar.

By the way Going going gone is so good it hurts those canucks can sure play

Well you wouldn't know but Every Grain of Sand is one of his best songs. You probably didn't make it "Brownsville Girl" on Knocked Out Loaded either. Perhaps you passed on "Dark Eyes", "Tight Connection" scared you away? I'm trying hard to think of a Dylan record that didn't have at least one classic.

Well you wouldn't know but Every Grain of Sand is one of his best songs. You probably didn't make it "Brownsville Girl" on Knocked Out Loaded either. Perhaps you passed on "Dark Eyes", "Tight Connection" scared you away? I'm trying hard to think of a Dylan record that didn't have at least one classic.

no I actually listened to the whole thing so I shouldnt have said immiditly I meant immieditly after I finished listening and yeah I remeber every grain of sand by far being the best track i'll go back to it. I wouln'dt be suprised If he purposley puts one or two good songs on those bad records just to mess with us.

what do you think about knoocked out loaded I saw it fow $10 I might pick it up this weekend