what music makes your ears happy?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there's "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)" by Talking Heads that doesn't exactly make my ears happy so much as transport my mind body and soul to a place no other song even knows about.

That's a really good description of that song. It does seem to have something otherworldly about it that I love.

Speaking of Talking Heads, "Wild, Wild Life" came on my last.fm station while I was here at work the other day, and I had to stop what I was doing and rock out to it. That's a song that always makes me happy :dancing

I always get a smile listening to most of Jonathan Richman's stuff, particularly:"My Little Kookenhaken," "Ice Cream Man," "New England," and "Roadrunner."

"Not Yet Three"

and

"You're the One For Me"

do it for me.

Yea....really..totall counter-intuitive....

LouieB

:lol I totally dig the fact that you are so open minded. that LouieB, he's alright!

:lol I totally dig the fact that you are so open minded. that LouieB, he's alright!

Shit I am not THAT old....The Cure has been around for over 20 years.

(I like the Smiths better.....Rosie and I have an inside joke about the Cure being a poor man's Smiths, because someone once told her that the Smiths were a poor man's Cure........................

guess you had to be there....)

LouieB

Lately, I've been enjoying some Lo-Fi. That and some old blues at 78 rpm. :kitty prrrrrrrrr!

Totally.....lofi always makes me feel good...some old blues, some old country...some traditional jazz .whatever....from the 1920s or 30s.

(and I am not so old that I remember this stuff from the first time out either.... :lol )

LouieB

• 2 weeks later...