The Hogs have their first exhibition game tonight so it's time to start focusing.

Who do you like this year? NC is pretty much everyone's favorite. Memphis should be good again this year. I'm not a fan, but they should be pretty tough.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife comes from a Carolina house (her Dad is a UNC alum and is from NC) so she is a big fan so I have adopted UNC as my second fav team, they should be pretty awesome this year, final 4 or bust, Texas, Duke, Pitt, and Louisville should all be pretty good as well, some sleepers to look out for I think are OU, Tennessee, and Arizona

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone catch some of the Richmond-Syracuse game on ESPN last night?

I only ask because this telecast indicated that ESPN has again decided to insult its viewers -- even more than they already do simply by employing Bill Walton.

During this game, there was a ribbon at the top of the screen that scrolled viewer comments that had been entered on the ESPN website. So while you're watching the game, you're subjected to the moronic ravings of the frat boys at the two universities.

It's as if you're watching MTV.

I think they're calling this new "feature" something like "Tuesday Night Interactive," which suggests that it may be confined to Tuesdays -- for now -- but I hope we can nip this spectacularly bad idea in the bud before it infects other nights of the week.

To that end, if you're as concerned about this disturbing development as I am, I offer as a public service this link, where you can tell ESPN exactly what you think about this concept.

I have extremely low expectations for Ohio State basketball. If we're lucky we'll get a chance to play it out in the big ball in March.

I go into every season with low expectations for them. :lol They'll be decent this year. Not spectacular, but should make the tourney just fine.

As much as I love OSU football, I never really warmed up to Big Ten basketball when I was there and my ties are still stronger to the ACC/Big East teams that I grew up with. I have pretty meh expectations for my Terps this year, but Georgetown looks to be very good again.

Looks like Davidson's going to be good again this year, although they're no longer considered underdogs. Stephen Curry looked awesome last night.

My head's still into football season but I'm starting to get excited for basketball. Can't wait to use my Dickie V avatar again!@

I prefer Adblock. That way I can still read your posts. :cheekkiss

Well that's a shame because I was thinking of making it extra large this year now that I know how much it annoys people. :lol (but glad you're still reading my posts)

It could be worse. It could be Bill Walton.

Oh come on. Who doesn't like Bill Walton? :lol

He used to have a regular segment on a sports radio show (i want to say Jim Rome) and they would let him come on and just talk and then clock him when he finished. Funny stuff.

It will be interesting to see how Texas fills the point guard void left by DJ Augustin. AJ Abrams is a much better shooting guard who can space the floor and I'm not sure Justin Mason should be running the offense for 35 minutes a game. Which leaves Dogus Balbay, who played his first game last night. Can a committee approach work?

Texas should be loaded and really good....imagine that

New Dallas Cowboys Stadium to host 2014 Final Four per the radio.

Fam in Dallas and Sister and bro in law are Cowboy season ticket holders, I might have to see if I can get down there for that, the new stadium looks insane

Fam in Dallas and Sister and bro in law are Cowboy season ticket holders, I might have to see if I can get down there for that, the new stadium looks insane

Yeah. That places is going to be awesome. The Razorbacks play Texas A&M there next year.

Michigan upset UCLA tonight. Guess that's their win for the weekend. :cheers

Hard to tell whether that was Michigan being better than expected or UCLA being worse. Preseason rankings being what they are (i.e., basically worthless), #4 may have been overly generous for the Bruins.