• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I splurged on tickets to all of the games in Minneapolis region-- I figured how many times is WVU going to be playing in the tournament a few miles away from me, and a sheet for all three sessions was a little less than half what stub hub was charging for a single game. Has anyone been to a tournament site before? Any tips?

--Mike

They probably won't sell booze inside the arena (NCAA rules) so plan accordingly. Ohh, and Rock Chalk Jayhawk :thumbup ;)

Um. Not so fast. They sell booze at Memphis Tigers games.

They are hosting a regional this year too.

Um. Not so fast. They sell booze at Memphis Tigers games.

They are hosting a regional this year too.

Cool, I'd imagine some would... but most do not. The United Center here in Chicago could not even though they are not on a college campus, nor have any restrictions for selling beer during NCAA sanctioned events. I think it has something to do with wheter the campus hosting is dry or not, regardless of where the event is actually being held.

Cool, I'd imagine some would... but most do not. The United Center here in Chicago could not even though they are not on a college campus, nor have any restrictions for selling beer during NCAA sanctioned events. I think it has something to do with wheter the campus hosting is dry or not, regardless of where the event is actually being held.

Or, the fact that it's an NBA arena.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...thoughts/2.html

I usually try to avoid speculating on jobs that are not vacant, but unfortunately that is part of the job. That said, I can tell you that all eyes in the college basketball world are on Lexington, Ky. While it may be hard to believe that the school would get rid of Billy Gillispie after two years, I am getting indications that athletic director Mitch Barnhart could very well be moving in that direction. There is a concern that if Gillispie comes back, many of his players will either turn pro or transfer. One well-placed source told me last week that the decision to remove Gillispie was already "done." I believe that was overstated, but Barnhart's relative silence on this matter has been deafening. I left a message for Barnhart over the weekend and my call was returned not by him, but by an athletic spokesman, who naturally told me Barnhart had no comment on the matter. If Barnhart thinks he can wait another few weeks until Kentucky is done playing to resolve this matter, he is sorely mistaken.

Well, at least he won the first round of the NIT last night against UNLV. Home court advantage, though. We played in our old gym / current practice gym which is literally just across the street from the team's dorm...

But yeah, the pitchforks and torches await the inevitable tourny exit around this place lately...

They probably won't sell booze inside the arena (NCAA rules) so plan accordingly. Ohh, and Rock Chalk Jayhawk :thumbup ;)

It's in the Metrodome so I'd assume they'd probably sell booze. Sadly your Jayhawks are in my team's bracket, so I am going to be rooting passionately against them in both rounds.

--Mike

Well, at least he won the first round of the NIT last night against UNLV. Home court advantage, though. We played in our old gym / current practice gym which is literally just across the street from the team's dorm...

But yeah, the pitchforks and torches await the inevitable tourny exit around this place lately...

[/quote

I know it's only the NIT, but that was really, really cool that the game last night was at Memorial Coliseum for the first time since 1976. I saw a practice there once and it's a very old school, very small gym. I would have loved to be there. Here's hoping that the Cats can string a few wins together and get to Madison Square Garden for the semis and final of the NIT. Meanwhile, look out for VCU over UCLA tomorrow night. VCU's Senior point guard Eric Maynor just got voted 2nd team All American by Sports Illustrated today.