• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll find out a lot about Marquette this week...Connecticut tonight, Louisville Sunday.

Can't wait 'til the Tournament. There doesn't seem to be the usual 2 or 3 teams that are head and shoulders above the rest.

Anyone watch the KU/OU game Monday night? Wow! What a game. The Jayhawks probably are too young to make a deep run, but as long as Cole Aldrich and Sherron Collins are healthy, they'll compete with anybody. If Griffin comes back OK, Oklahoma is talented enough to make the Final Four.

Right now, I'd probably pick North Carolina to win it all.

i don't know who i would pick to win. everything seems to go back and forth so much this year

Yeah, every time a team got to #1, I'm pretty sure they lost the game or second game right thereafter. It's ridiculous. It's also generally a good thing, because it implies a relative level of parity among NCAA teams.

• 2 weeks later...

MARCH MADNESS BEGINNETH !

Unfortunately, the Cats are bringing a 4 game losing streak into the SEC tournament, and I think we're pretty much gonna have to ace the thing to get to the dance...

At least we can root for Morehead State.

Hoo boy

How many teams do you think the Big 10 should get in the NCAA?

Joe Lunardi now has 8. (???)

I think that's B.S. I think there should be a rule that no more than half of a conference's teams can get in. MAYBE one more than half.

But 8 out of 11?!

Minnesota and Michigan are both 9-9 in the leauge (and Michigan has 12 losses overall).

I'd rather see a team like Creighton or St. Mary's get a shot. Or even Kansas State, who will be the #4 seed in the Big 12 Tournament but as of right now has no chance to get in, barring victories against Texas and Kansas in the Big 12 Tournament.

Just saw my #2 team, VCU play their best game of the season last night crushing George Mason 71-50 in the CAA Championship to secure an automatic NCAA bid. I rushed the court and everything. Senior Eric Maynor (who knocked out Duke 2 years back) had 25 points and 8 assists and just took the game over in a 10 point stretch in the first half. Sophomore center Larry Sanders set CAA tourney records with 7 blocks and a totally ridiculous 20 boards, to go along with 18 points. The team is playing their best ball of the season and will likely be a 9 or 10 seed that no higher seed wants anything to do with. I look for them to win their opening round game and probably play a top seeded team very, very close in the second round. But honestly if they keep out of foul trouble and play with the same drive that they have the last two weeks, no one wants any part of this team.