Whoa! I guess UCONN had nothing in the tank huh? Was it at the end of the 5th OT that the F that was doing a good job in the paint for Thabeet fouled out? I would imagine UCONN had no D after that.

I believe 8 players ended up fouling out. It basically turned into Flynn vs. Price.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's not an upset... whenever those 2 teams play, it doesn't matter the records/rankings... just a good old-fashioned brawl!

yes, but wasn't oklahoma the favorite to win the big 12 tourney?

and that game last night was EPIC. but way too long for me to watch. i just like hearing about it

VA Tech is hanging tough with North Carolina with 7 minutes to go. They desperately need this win to help with an at large bid.

That one dude played 67 minutes last night, huh? Damn. Plus he handles the ball almost every time. Double damn. That there's an athlete.

Johnnie Flynn, a baller. The skinny white dude was draining some deep ass 3's in the clutch. Awesome game. There were walk ons playing at the end of the game. It was a pleasure to watch.

Looks like Kentucky will be heading to the NIT for the first time in 30 years. I can't decide if they've been severe underachievers all year or more likely that they are right where they should be, mediocre! One way or another it's hard imagining an NCAA tournament without Kentucky, but they certainly didn't earn it and do not deserve it.

Do you'll think Syracuse has anything left for tonight? Louisville is looking closer and closer to a lock as a #1 seed.

I'll be filling out several brackets as always, but this year is going to be wild. There is no dominant team, and even the 1 seeds will be vulnerable as early as the second round.

Someone just IMed me to let me know my Trojans won our little tournament thing, and get to enter march madness. I will be picking them to go all the way, and then I will be getting very disappointed after the first round.

Props to my Buckeyes for manhandling the Spartans on the way to the Big Ten championship game vs. Purdue. Should be good, considering the series in the regular season was 1-1.

Heck, yeah. I was really just hoping for a decent enough showing in the BigTen tourney to firmly nail down an NCAA spot, but winning the tourney would be sweet. Hope they still got something in the tank after the MSU game yesterday.

Heck, yeah. I was really just hoping for a decent enough showing in the BigTen tourney to firmly nail down an NCAA spot, but winning the tourney would be sweet. Hope they still got something in the tank after the MSU game yesterday.

Considering how MSU basically gifted the game to OSU (MSU was about 30-40% FG shooting, and 3-21 from downtown), OSU better have something in the tank, but Purdue is a good squad and assuming they're even a little on their game it's going to be a tough one.

Rumor is, Big Ten could have 8 teams in the Big Dance, more than any other conference. Woo! :dancing

Rumor is, Big Ten could have 8 teams in the Big Dance, more than any other conference. Woo! :dancing

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's no way they'll have eight.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if they have seven, but the talking heads all seem to think that's going to happen. All these people seem to have handed the Wolverines a spot already, but I'm not convinced -- especially with everything that's been happening in the conference tournaments across the nation.

I thought it was pretty cool that Jonny Flynn was awarded Most Outstanding Player of the Big East Tournament even though Syracuse eventually fell to Louisville in the title game. You don't see that happen that often, but it was the right call. I think Louisville has the most momentum of any of the potential #1's, plus they have Pitino, who is a master in the postseason.

Thrilled to see the Mountaineers got into the Minneapolis bracket, I am going to try to swing tickets for the game. Not happy about drawing Kansas as our 3, and even Dayton as an 11 isn't going to be an easy win, but they've done pretty well in the first weekend the last three years.

--Mike