Jeff Tweedy Called Me Today

what's the "this is tweedy" story? :huh

Only a reference to the best story ever told on VC, or maybe anywhere!

we left the kids home alone for the 1st time a few weeks ago to go to a party next door. I came home for a few minutes to check on them and brought them cookies from the party. An hour or so later my cell phone rings. It's the littlest one (6) in a fake old man voice and he says: "this is obama, bring home 2 chocolate chip cookies and one peanut butter cookie for the children. Again, this is obama".

So whenever we all get into these snipe-fights, let's try to remember that there are some things we can all agree on. Like just how f'ing awesome that story is.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a reference to the best story ever told on VC, or maybe anywhere!

So whenever we all get into these snipe-fights, let's try to remember that there are some things we can all agree on. Like just how f'ing awesome that story is.

:banana :badger :cheers

Hello Again - Since I received the call and started the thread I thought I'd give my two cents.

I think reminding people to vote is important becuase there is so much disinformation out there. There were reports of these phone dialing campiagns telling people to vote Nov 5th. There are alot of new voters this year and they need correct information and constant reminders. Some people need their hands held all the way to the booth (some literally).

And I thought it was great getting a call fromm Jeff Tweedy. I don't consider him obscure at all. I told my wife that Jeff called me and she was instantly jeleous. Like I said earlier I felt as if was a cool guy for a moment or two. For me, that don't happen too often anymore so I have to relish in them when they come. I almost got a soft woody.