Who else needs a job?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you are a really good babysitter...

I don't know if I am rated for infants, but toddlers on up, sure.

I guess babies are designed to survive such things. They probably got dropped a lot back in the old days when moms had to flee from saber-toothed tigers and shit like that.

the ax came yesterday.

today: rainy and peaceful. Not shitty.

tomorrow: we'll see

I stopped over to see the kids tonight. After responding to my question about how school went, my 14 year old son inquired, "How was work today??"

I just paused and gave him a blank stare. Then we both cracked up.

I don't know if it's going to result in actual employment, but I've at least been getting some bites lately, after months of hearing nothing about any of the jobs I've applied for. From July-September I had exactly one interview. Since them I've had a phone interview and attended some sort of weird company social event, and now have two interviews set up for next week. I really hope I don't blow this because if I don't have a job within the next couple of weeks there's going to be big trouble.

Vibes and luck, MrRain! You volunteer at PAWS, right? I saw they have a couple positions listed online that don't require vet training. Mostly just receptionist work at the neuter clinic, but if you're desperate it might be worth looking into until something more what you're looking for comes along.

There's a pretty good shot I'll have a job next week. I toured a factory and peed in a cup today. This is a nifty job where I'll have a nifty uniform with a name patch on my shirt and everything. This time next year, I may be Miss November on a Blue-Collar Babes calendar. Steel toed boots and protective goggles, I'm gonna be so fly! Maybe Navy Officer, Richard Gere will come in and carry me away some day. I'm not particularly enthused about the work itself, but it's right on in the paycheck and hours department, so I'll see how it goes. :)

My massage business seems to be staying fairly steady as the economy keeps people stressed out and they hit me instead of drugs. I'm thinking of selling drugs on slow days for a little Christmas $$ though. I also love how my property tax is due @ Christmas time, it really helps out in times like these.

Money and job vibes to all that need it.

There's a pretty good shot I'll have a job next week. I toured a factory and peed in a cup today. This is a nifty job where I'll have a nifty uniform with a name patch on my shirt and everything. This time next year, I may be Miss November on a Blue-Collar Babes calendar. Steel toed boots and protective goggles, I'm gonna be so fly! Maybe Navy Officer, Richard Gere will come in and carry me away some day. I'm not particularly enthused about the work itself, but it's right on in the paycheck and hours department, so I'll see how it goes. :)

Good Luck!

Who says manufacturing in America is dead?

YES! Sounds good. A job is a job. With unemployment rising, you are doing good. good work.

I'm in a bit of a cliffhanger. The Plain Dealer - which still makes a profit, btw - will be cutting it's newsroom non-management staff by 21% on Dec. 1 - 50 positions. So it's kind of exciting and excruciating at the same time. I'm guessing you won't see many of us out on Black Friday.

Don't worry, management is safe. And so are the luxury boxes at Indians, Browns and Cavs games.

Steel toed boots and protective goggles, I'm gonna be so fly!

Is the company outfitting you with the shoes? I have a pair of steel-toed, electroshock-rated Doc Martens that a company hooked me up with years ago when I was running network cable for them and I still wear them. They are surprisingly comfortable. Best free shoes I've ever gotten. :yes

I should go back to that job. Whoever suggested to me that writing software in the financial services sector was a good idea, I'd like to kick them in the head right now.(possibly with those steel-toed boots) Only minor losses so far in the last year where I work, but several of our biggest customers are laying off tens of thousands of employees and/or folding altogether--that can't be a good sign, can it?

I'm in a bit of a cliffhanger. The Plain Dealer - which still makes a profit, btw - will be cutting it's newsroom non-management staff by 21% on Dec. 1 - 50 positions. So it's kind of exciting and excruciating at the same time. I'm guessing you won't see many of us out on Black Friday.

Don't worry, management is safe. And so are the luxury boxes at Indians, Browns and Cavs games.

Vibes, man. The little weekly I was in charge of has been merged into one of our neighboring larger papers. Now I know how refugees feel. (Well, kinda.)

Congratuawesome!!!

Upon reading the above, this is the first image that came to mind:

LSfactoryline.jpg