Post-election Caption Contest

Let's have at if folks:

10obama_lg_1.jpg

As Laura and I get ready to move, we want to thank the loyal domestic staff here at the White House . . . what's that you say, these are the folks that are gettin' ready to move in?

10obama_lg_1.jpg

In this photo, the subjects are arranged in ascending order of their fitness to serve as President.

This is probably the winner right there, but I'll add in:

In this photo, the subjects are arranged in descending order of the number of deaths they are responsible for (countless, 1, 0, 0).

Are Jeffersons jokes off limits here?

This is a new day in America. After 11/4/08, there is no racism in America.*

*Just kidding, there still is racism in America. But go ahead with your Jefferson's caption, as it will make my domestic servant caption a little more acceptable.

George or Thomas? Because I almost made a Thomas Jefferson family reunion joke but decided to let it slide.

Not to get ahead of myself, but my thought was to work both in somehow, but it may end up reading like a cryptogram clue.

This is probably the winner right there, but I'll add in:

In this photo, the subjects are arranged in descending order of the number of deaths they are responsible for (countless, 1, 0, 0).

I like that one better than mine. :lol

I must be missing the joke. Who did Laura kill?

From wikipedia:

In 1963 she was involved in a fatal car accident. Accounts indicate that Laura ran a stop sign and hit another car, killing its driver (classmate Michael Dutton Douglas). According to the accident report released by the city of Midland, neither driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and no charges were filed.[7] According to Bush's spokesperson, "It was a very tragic accident that deeply affected the families and was very painful for all involved, including the community at large. To this day, Mrs. Bush remains unable to talk about it."[7]

All I can think when I look at that picture is: poor Laura. :lol She must feel how I feel when I stand next to my gorgeous, leggy friend Becky. Her hips are about even with my shoulders, I always feel like a hobbit when I'm standing next to her.

I know this kinda defeats the purpose of the thread...but what's up with Bush's right leg? Looks bowed or something...

Yesterday I was trying to come up with a caption focusing on this. The best one I came up with was...

10obama_lg_1.jpg

Judging from this picture, Bush was predestined to veer to the right.

Let's have at if folks:

10obama_lg_1.jpg

While posing for a picture with the outgoing president, president elect Barack Obama could be heard quietly humming the following:

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;

Beans don't burn on the grill.

Took a whole lotta tryin',

Just to get up that hill.

Now we're up in the big leagues,

Gettin' our turn at bat.

As long as we live, it's you and me baby,

There ain't nothin wrong with that.

Well we're movin on up,

To the east side.

To a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Movin on up,

To the east side.

We finally got a piece of the pie...

All I can think when I look at that picture is: poor Laura. :lol She must feel how I feel when I stand next to my gorgeous, leggy friend Becky. Her hips are about even with my shoulders, I always feel like a hobbit when I'm standing next to her.
I've been checking that out too. It's like Laura tried to pull off a Jackie O. sort of thing but just ended up looking like a frumpy turd standing next to Michelle.
I've been checking that out too. It's like Laura tried to pull off a Jackie O. sort of thing but just ended up looking like a frumpy turd standing next to Michelle.

That's nice. She's 15 years older and 8 inches shorter. She's been the least controversial and least objectionable first lady since Lady Bird Johnson...and thenicest thingyou can say is she looks like a frumpy turd. Nice.