The VC Family/The Families of VC

I thought it would be nice if we shared pics of our families enjoying the holidays. I'm posting this now because I think Thanksgiving is probably a good time for most people to take such pictures, but obviously that won't be strictly enforced. If you live in a faraway land that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, or if you spend Thanksgiving with the family you were born into, but prefer to think of the people you choose to spend your life with as your real family, then just snap away whenever you get the whole group together. :yes

I'm not looking for older pictures, but of your family now, preferably all looking at the camera and smiling while saying veee-ceeee :D instead of cheese.

Photos of the same group 5 or 10 or 50 years ago, for comparison purposes, might be fun too, and of course the cutest pics of your kids, dogs, grandparents, whatever, from the same day would also be nice. But I'd like to see everyone with their families, as you are now, in as happy a moment as you can capture: a snapshot of the families of VC during the 2008 holiday season.

:cheekkiss

I know you said you want current pics, but if you look closely at my new avatar, you will see a bunch of skinny kids by the lake. This is a pic of me and my cousins taken approx 35 years ago. You will notice nary a female in that pic. You could say that family get togethers were somewhat like Lord of the Flies.

This is last year, but in it you can see my brother and his entire family after the l-tryptophan Kool-Aid.

IMG_2986.jpg

I was hoping you would post that picture!! I love it!

We didn't take any family pictures, but here is one that Lyric is going to kill me for when she gets older.

dscf1572rf7.jpg

I love the turkey-death picture, too! And Lyric's headband! And Jess, that parka totally brings out the blue in your eyes. :)

Oh, and don't even get me started on bobbob's mini-Mom. Yikes. I'm old enough to be your mother's mother!

Here are the kids:

3065783653_3898816514.jpg

and a good portion of the whole gang, tucking in to the feast:

3066622710_2eaaece070.jpg

I like how your ma celebrates, Stooka! :thumbup

Here's Mr. BnB, Clara Jane, the hounds and me, taking a post-feast constitutional:

3067219706_c5ab6c42f8.jpg

Holiday leaf-frolicking:

3067213624_eded707937.jpg

After the Belleville holiday parade. Me, Clara Jane, Mr. BnB, Grandpa Chuck, Granny Viv, cousin Travis, and cousin Wendy:

3067202032_60bce6d5b6.jpg

My nephew eats a turkey leg. He discovered the truth of the turkey leg - about halfway through, the turkey leg loses its appeal entirely.

keshuturkey.jpg

My niece brandishing a sword and the flag of New Mexico just before dinner was served.

kikisword.jpg

My nephew eats a turkey leg. He discovered the truth of the turkey leg - about halfway through, the turkey leg loses its appeal entirely.

My niece brandishing a sword and the flag of New Mexico just before dinner was served.

Do you live in an abandoned Medieval Times, or something?

Do you live in an abandoned Medieval Times, or something?

Close - my sister lives in a circa-1750 Dutch barn that was renovated into a house at the height of the Atari Epoch.

• 3 weeks later...