The Post Election Thread

Yeah, I guess that's to be expected from an old hack movie actor. The sad thing is evidently many fell for it. :ohwell

This ain't really your life

Ain't really your life

Ain't really

Ain't nothin' but a movie (real to reel)

-Gil Scott Heron, "B-Movie"

These people were/are really well organized and motivated. They have done a good job working towards achieving their goals. SImilar Bush loyalists could do the same thing with, though as of now I don't see anything ioncorporated or as well organized as te Reagan group is.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bush Legacy Project - real live, revisionist history making right before your very eyes! Catch it on a mainstream television outlet near you!

God, is this guy just too much?

Has this been mentioned yet?

Will Ferrell, the film actor who was a regular on "Saturday Night Live" from 1995-2006, will make his Broadway debut in a solo show titled You're Welcome America. A Final Night with George W Bush, according to The New York Times.

Adam McKay will direct the production, which will begin previews at the Cort Theatre Jan. 20, 2009, with an official opening Feb. 1. The limited engagement is currently scheduled to run through March 15. (The Cort is currently the home of The 39 Steps.)

A previous report in The New York Post said Ferrell's show will "be autobiographical and include anecdotes about the comedian's work on 'Saturday Night Live.'" Ferrell will also likely offer some of his impersonations; among the many he presented on "Saturday Night Live" were impressions of Neil Diamond, President George W. Bush, Robert Goulet and James Lipton.

Heard on the news today that the obama transition team has received over 300,000 applications for the 8000 jobs that will be available. I wonder if that is par for the course when there is a regime change, or if that is simply an insane number?

Aren't actions tied to beliefs?

Do you think that we have supported Isreal because we want to piss other people off or because we believe it's the right thing to do?

Do you think there may be some jealosy in their hate towards us?

Other than local politics (courting the Jewish and other religious voters), and religious background I have always had a hard time seeing why the US Supports Israel so fervently. Our strategic interests lay with the Oil countries, but our emotional ties have always been with Israel. When I was a kid it was to me a product of the cold war. Russia supported Egypt, Syria and Iraq so we naturally supported Israel. That sort of made sense to my pre-teen mind. The first oil embargo in 1973 changed my mind on that one as I quickly saw who were the countries where our actual long term strategic interests lay. Now it seems that we have been doing it so long, that we can

Aren't actions tied to beliefs?

Do you think that we have supported Isreal because we want to piss other people off or because we believe it's the right thing to do?

Do you think there may be some jealosy in their hate towards us?

I believe that perhaps it's wise to re-evaluate the ways in which we support Israel, as I think it's quite possible to do so without having permanent military bases in other people's backyards, starting unprovoked wars, holding Israel and ourselves to different standards than we hold the rest of the world to, and threatening to attack any nation that looks at us funny. Actions are tied to beliefs, but there are a lot of nations who believe things different than what al Qaeda, the Taliban, whoever else do, and yet they aren't the target of attacks.

To give you credit though, Tweedling, when I asked which of our values they opposed, I was really expecting a George Bush style "They hate us for our freedoms" nonsense response. What you had to say is definitely a lot more legit and I apologize for expecting so little.

One thing that I find interesting about Israel, is that they are on and have been on the front lines of this mess that GWB has labeled the war on terror, for far longer than the US and yet they don't torture and have a tendency to treat their prisoners more humanely than we do...or so I have read.

One thing that I find interesting about Israel, is that they are on and have been on the front lines of this mess that GWB has labeled the war on terror, for far longer than the US and yet they don't torture and have a tendency to treat their prisoners more humanely than we do...or so I have read.

Let me preface this by saying that I don't know anything about this topic specifically and I happen to think that this country's support of Israel is appropriate. That all being said, I have to think every country utilizes torture in one form or another. I dont agree with it, but I just think it's reality.

I am not one of these anti-torture advocates who seems to think that torture started in this country with Bush. I firmly believe we've been doing it for a long time. We just hid it better (I think).

Yeah, I'm not so naive as to think that the U.S. never tortured anyone before the Bush years, but there's a big difference between a couple of rogue interrogators taking things too far, and it being the official policy of the United States, as authorized by the highest government officials. The fact that whether or not we should torture is a matter of public debate is just insane to me -- until the last few years it was generally accepted that it was wrong and not worth it. The existence of the torture debate is proof of a pretty substantial and troublesome change.

But what situations would you be willing to look the other way?

In an effort to clarify that I wasn't starting from a place of zealotry, I just wanted to acknowledge that reality isn't always as neat and tidy as ideology, but in my haste I failed to indicate that those "certain circumstances" were more theoretical than anything else. We're in complete agreement.

Suit contesting Barack Obama's citizenship heads to U.S. Supreme Court today

Justices will decide whether to consider the case

By James Janega | Tribune reporter

6:30 AM CST, December 5, 2008

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider today whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's election.

The meeting of justices will coincide with a vigil by the filer's supporters in Washington on the steps of the nation's highest court.

The suit originally sought to stay the election, and was filed on behalf of Leo Donofrio against New Jersey Secretary of State Nina Mitchell Wells.

Legal experts say the appeal has little chance of succeeding, despite appearing on the court's schedule. Legal records show it is only the tip of an iceberg of nationwide efforts seeking to derail Obama's election over accusations that he either wasn't born a U.S. citizen or that he later renounced his citizenship in Indonesia.

The Obama campaign has maintained that he was born in Hawaii, has an authentic birth certificate, and is a "natural-born" U.S. citizen. Hawaiian officials agree.

Among those filing lawsuits is Alan Keyes, who lost to Obama in the 2004 Illinois Senate race. Keyes' suit seeks to halt certification of votes in California. Another suit by a Kentucky man seeks to have a federal judge review Obama's original birth certificate, which Hawaiian officials say is locked in a state vault.

Other suits have been filed by Andy Martin, whose case was dismissed in Hawaii, and by an Ohio man whose case also was dismissed. Five more suits, all later dismissed, were filed in Hawaii by a person who is currently suing the "Peoples Association of Human, Animals Conceived God/s and Religions, John McCain [and] USA Govt." The plaintiff previously sought to sue Wikipedia and "All News Media."

The most famous case questioning Obama's citizenship was filed in Pennsylvania in August on behalf of Philip J. Berg and sought to enjoin the Democratic National Committee from nominating Obama. The U.S. Supreme Court denied an application for an injunction and hasn't scheduled a conference on other aspects of the case. Earlier, a federal judge rejected it for "lack of standing"

In all candor, I would rather see Chelsea Clinton as the new junior U.S. senator from New York rather than Caroline Kennedy.

In all candor, I would rather see Kirsten Gillibrand as the new junior U.S. senator from New York rather than Caroline Kennedy.

Oh hell yes. Hell, I'd be tivo-ing CSPAN then for REALZ.

Oh hell yes. Hell, I'd be tivo-ing CSPAN then for REALZ.

NO. Then she would not come to Hyde Park as much.

You selfish so-and-so.

You have Kirsten, and I have Mike Fucking Pence. I'd almost undergo root canal without any anesthetic if it would shit can that horrible bastard from the Congress.

I guess it could be worse - I could have that King dude from Iowa.

Quick question ya'll who created Israel? the U.S.A and Britian and you wonder why the support is so insanley bias its called world domination people.

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

I'm so glad you put that last bit in there. Now it all makes sense to me. :lol

Chin Chin, knowledge is power and that ain't ever getting old